11th May 2010, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I continue CFA course from Canada or USA after completing half the course in India?

Have been doing the CFA course from Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
Is it possible to get admission in Canada or USA and continue the course from where I have stopped, or will I have to start the course all over again.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I continue CFA course from USA after completing half the course in India?
  2. Can I continue CFA course from USA after completing half the course in India?
  3. Information regarding the eligibility, fee, duration and scope of CFA? Difference between CFA from USA and CFA from India?
  4. Are there any USA CFA exam centers in India? How to get admission in USA CFA? Procedure for registration and fee structure?
  5. Which course in better among CA, CS, CFA and ICWA for MBA candidate? Scope of CFA and CPA in USA after completing MBA?
  6. What kind of job I will get in USA and Canada after completing B.Tech(Biotechnology)? Expected salary in USA, Canada and India?
  7. USA CFA centres that are available in India?
  8. Major difference between CFA and USA CFA? Which is better for corporate sector(Finance)?
  9. Which is a good choice for me of doing CFA from ICFAI and doing CFA from ICFAI?
  10. How to register for CFA from USA? Fees and duration of course?
  11. Is there any center of CFA USA in India?
  12. How should I work in European countries like Canada and USA after completing completing BSc IT?
  13. Fee, duration and eligibility details of CFA India and International courses?
  14. How to Pursue PG studies in USA or Canada after completing Graduation in Venetrinary Science from India?
  15. Indian B.Sc graduate can do M.Sc in Microbiology from USA or Canada? Is Indian B.Sc degree valid or should I do B.Sc again in USA or Canada? -- [New]
  16. Cfa from US or from India? Is cfa of icfai recognised and well paid in india? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Which is a better course for me after doing C.A?
  18. Exemption to CFA(ICFAI) for doing CFA-USA?
18th May 2010, 09:14 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I continue CFA course from Canada or USA after completing half the course in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it possible to get admission in Canada or USA and continue the course from where I have stopped, or will I have to start the course all over again.

I dont think so !

But I think you can do that at least after completeing the 1st level of CFA course, so that you can enroll for 2nd level at USA or Canada.

I am telling so only because that ICFAI which is one of the primier Institute in India for CFA course. Has facility that after completing 1st level from there one can get Wiever for CIIA, Switzerland to comlete there level 2. However its not so easy but possible.

I am not sure if doing so is possible.

Best of luck
19th May 2010, 03:48 PM
kirankshinde

Default Re: Can I continue CFA course from Canada or USA after completing half the course in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Dear Friend

CFA is really a good course for good carear.

But don't leave it.

I don't think that you will be directly admited to 2nd level in canada. You will have to clear there 1st level first.

But, I would like to tell you that if you have opted for CFA course via correspondence then you can continue it. The only thing is that when the exam will be held u have to come to india.

So, Pls. complete the First Level and then for 2nd level just opt for Correspondence.

Best of Luck and Thank U
17th June 2010, 01:51 AM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

there are very few colleges in india which has ties up with the foreign countries for course continuation since there is a huge difference in level of CFA course with most of the colleges but the colleges in canada who have ties with indian colleges provides the continuation of the education .

so, for that you has to specify your college of eligibility so that i can provide you more info for this case .

for more details visit www.cfacanada.org and www.cfainstitute.org .

some colleges in canada which has ties with indian colleges are :

- HEC Montréal Business school
-Edmonton CFA Society
-Calgary CFA Society

cheers
17th June 2010, 06:22 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

Yes, it is true that you will not get admission in CFA course from Canada or USA after completing half the course in India.

Because you have to clear 1st year course in india, then it is possible for you to get
admission in CFA course in USA. But i will suggest you dont leave this course, just
complete this course from there only, because there are very good scope in this field
in india. But overall, its totally depends on your choice..........
1st July 2010, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

Hi, i am just planning to go for cfa usa, plz tell me as how can i get admission there!
28th July 2010, 10:14 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hii friend its really a good course its my pleasure to inform you that its better if you complete the full course and the join job there because its not possible doing 1st year here another year there..so its my request you can do here itself as our india has all facilities and good institutes............

regards
azhar
13th August 2010, 04:07 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

There are very low chances that you can continue the course in abroad.

Better you can complete the half done CFA course in India and then going to abroad do the further studies.

May be after completing the first level of CFA you can join the next level course going to abroad.

So there are very few possibilities.

Best of luck!
10th October 2010, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

hello........i hv done 2 years in b.com in india n want to now apply for canada.........wat will b da visa success rate????????????
21st November 2010, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

Hi I want to do CFA but scored low in my last year of B.com that was below 50%. Any chance to get an entry in India Mumbai.
Regards,
Colin
6th February 2011, 09:06 PM
diego
Banned

Well CFA is a self study program. You have to clear 3 levels in all.
you can opt for centres anywhere in the world.
so there is no problem in moving to USA ... The 3 levels are indepedent.
CFA institute doesn't expect you to be static... i am myself enrolled in
CFA (AIMR usa)
I would like to congratulate you on having chosen such a good course.
19th February 2011, 11:21 AM
smruti prasad das

Well CFA is a self study program. You have to clear 3 levels in all.
you can opt for centres anywhere in the world.
so u can try in U&SA. The 3 levels are indepedent.
CFA institute doesn't expect you to be static.
I would like to congratulate you on having chosen such a good course.
11th August 2011, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

sir i want mds level course in abroad which have great value in our india,
2nd October 2011, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

i am b.tech 11btch..i have 1 backlog in b.tech....can i join in cfa course for june2012??????is ther any centre in india??
22nd November 2012, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

I want to do US CFA from Canada or london by taking coaching classes from there.for that can, I get the student visa?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?