22nd August 2013, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

What subjects should I opt in 11th to become an Architect?

what subjects should i opt in 11 so as to become an architect?

25th September 2014, 10:27 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What subjects should I opt in 11th to become an Architect?

There are national and state level entrance examinations such as CBSE conducts All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) for B. Architecture and B. Planning programmes in government and private institutes. It consists of Mathematics, Aptitude Test and a Drawing test. The National Aptitude test in Architecture (NATA) is an online test where drawing exam is conducted by the National Institute of Advanced Studies and Architecture in association with the Council of Architecture (COA).
The eligibility to become an architect is that the candidate should have bachelor's degree in architecture (B.Arch) or Diploma in architecture. The basic eligibility criteria for B.Arch is class 12 or equivalent with minimum 50 per cent marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates need to clear the entrance test for the five years full time undergraduate course in Architecture.
The syllabus in B.Arch course is architectural design , acoustics, surveying and leveling, estimating and costing, methods of construction etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?