23rd August 2013, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for MBA after completing B.Com from Delhi University with 49.3%

I have completed bcom from delhi university with 49.3% my cetegary is obc ,Am i eligible for mba? .

24th August 2013, 08:28 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for MBA after completing B.Com from Delhi University with 49.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed bcom from delhi university with 49.3% my cetegary is obc ,Am i eligible for mba? .

You have completed graduation degree from Delhi university with 49.3% so you are not applicable for CAT exam because CAT exam require 50% marks in graduation degree .OBC candidate have not any marks relaxation .You are not applicable for MBA course through CAT exam .

But you are applicable for MBA course through MAT score .I have discussed below the details of MAT exam-

The Management Aptitude Test or MAT is the test conducted by All India Management Testing Service for entering into MBA or equivalent post graduate programmes.

MAT exam required minimum graduation from recognized university .If you are from final year of degree course then also you are applicable.This exam not require any percentage criteria.

Pattern for MAT entrance exam :-

Important Dates 2013:-

Last Date For sale of Forms: 14 August 2013 (Wednesday)
Last Date for submission of Forms: 17 August 2013 (Saturday)
Last Date For Online Registration: 14 August 2013 (Wednesday)
Last Date for submission of Online Forms: 17 August 2013 (Saturday)

For more details about MAT entrance exam , you can visit to http://www.aima-ind.org.
24th August 2013, 11:01 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for MBA after completing B.Com from Delhi University with 49.3%

Quote:
YES, you can do MBA

MBA is a Post Graduation Course and can be done after completing your Graduation.

There are many Institutes and Universities offering this two year course.

Selection procedure for the MBA course involves:
>> Written Test
>> Group Discussion
>> Interviews

MBA written Tests that you can appear are:

MAT- Minimum Eligibilty to apply is Graduation pass.This test is conducted by AIMA.

XAT- Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass

XAT 2014 Dates:
XAT Registration- 12th August to 22nd November 2013
XAT exams- 5th January 2014
XAT admit card can be downloaded from 18th to 31st Dec 2013

Fees- Rs 950 (For General candidates)
Rs 650 (for SC/ST)
24th August 2013, 11:13 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes you are eligible to apply for MBA but with your marks it is not possible for you to apply for all the MBA Entrance Exams which opens up a candidate's chances of pursuing this degree from the top colleges in India. The options are certainly limited in that respect.

But that does not means all is lost as yet. You can still sit for the top MBA Entrance Exams like MAT or IIFT and look to do your MBA from the top colleges which accepts MAT scores. You should therefore start preparing beforehand in order to score well in these examinations.

MAT Details:-

All India Management Aptitude Testing Service (AIMATS) conducts MAT or Management Aptitude Test and this is like a National Entrance Test and very popular among MBA aspirants.

This exam is conducted for four times every year- ebruary, May, September and December. MAT is a paper-based as well as computer-based test. This year's September's exam registration process is already over and the exam is going to take place in the first week of September.

For this exam you just need to have a degree from a reputed college or university. The marks one has obtained is not much of an issue here since pass marks is all you need to sit for this exam.

Weightage should be given to the following subjects for the written exam:-
  1. Language Comprehension
  2. Mathematical Skills
  3. Data Analysis and Sufficiency
  4. Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
  5. Indian and Global Environment
IIFT Details:-

IIFT stands for Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. They have got their campus in Delhi and Kolkata. They conducts their own written examination for those students who are interested to do MBA from their institute. It is quite a reputed college which offers good placement and faculty members to guide you and assist you in every way.

For giving the IIFT exam as well you just need to possess a bachelor's degree whose duration should not be less than three years. This exam can also be given by the final year students.

Mainly MCQ type questions are asked and for the written exam stress should be given on the following areas:-
  1. English Comprehension
  2. General Knowledge & Awareness
  3. Logical Reasoning
  4. Quantitative Analysis
Hope this helps :-> :->
24th August 2013, 11:22 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Of course you are eligible for the Master of Business Administration. However you are not eligible for all the entrance exams conducted for this course. Which means that you can not apply in every single college out there in India.

MBA is 2 years post graduation course offered in various specialization. To get admission for MBA you have to clear a entrance exam. There are several entrance exams in the country which includes:-

CAT

MAT

GMAT

XAT

JMET

SNAP

IIFT

TANCET

KMAT

RMAT

The first choice of candidates is Common Admission Test so that they can get admission in Indian Institutes of Management. But unfortunately, in your case, it is not possible.

You can not appear for the Common Admission Test because you do not have sufficient enough marks in graduation. You must have 50 percent marks in graduation to apply for the Common Admission Test.

You are falling short by a very small margin but enough to deny you to appear for the Common Admission Test. While there is marks relaxation for SC and ST, no such relaxation is offered to OBC.

Therefore you should instead consider appearing for other entrance exams like Management Aptitude Test that does not have any marks criteria.
24th August 2013, 07:35 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
dear friend

as you are a b.com graduate from delhi university with 49.3% in graduation, though its very less but even though you are eligible for most of the entrance exams conducted for entry in mba,

entrance exams conducted for entrance in mba is :

cat

mat

gmat

xat

snap

iift

kmat

you are eligible for maximum of these exams except CAT because the minimum marks needed for being eligible for cat is 50 % , relaxation is only allowed to sc/st students , general and obc have no relaxation,

you just missed the chance for cat with less than 1 %, tough luck,

so try to crack mat even then you can get a good college,

good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?