27th August 2013, 12:04 PM
anjalittraju

Can I appear for IAS and TNPSC exam? What is the age limit?

Sir,

I am a SC candidate my date of birth is 31/07/1979 so I am appear of IAS & TNPSC Exam so whate is the age limit pl sir

28th June 2015, 10:26 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IAS and TNPSC exam? What is the age limit?

To become an IAS you will have to crack Civil Services examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission where as by cracking TNPSC i.e; Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, you will be eligible for getting jobs at the administrative posts within the Tamil Nadu.

For both the examination the minimum qualification required are as following:-

* Candidate must have the nationality of India.

* Your must have done your graduation with any discipline from a recognized university.

* Your age must be within 21 years to 30 years if you belong to general category. Otherwise there is the provision of age relaxation of 3 years and 5 years for OBCs and SC/STs category respectively.

As per your date of birth your age is now over 35 years so you are not eligible for the same examinations being a SC category also as the maximum age limit for the same category is only 35 years.

Also the pattern of both the examinations is almost same and both the examination is held in three stages called as Preliminary test , Mains and Personal interview respectively.

For more information log on to the respective link of UPSC and TNPSC which are www.upsc.gov.in and www.tnpsc.gov.in respectively.
28th June 2015, 06:07 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to apply for the exam because you have crossed maximum age limit to apply for the exam .

One who wishes to become an IAS officer has to appear for the UPSC civil services exam .

The eligibility criteria required for civil services exam are as under:-

-The candidate should be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The exam process involves

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.

To get more details one can visit website http://www.upsc.gov.in

TNPSC stands for Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission .

The eligibility criteria required to apply for the TNPSC exam are as under:-

-The educational qualification for most of the exams conducted by TNPSC is Bachelor's degree .

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The selection procedure involves of

Written Test , and

Interview

To get more details,one can visit the Official website of TNPSC :- http://www.tnpsc.gov.in/
28th June 2015, 06:09 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to apply for the exam because you have crossed maximum age limit to apply for the exam .

One who wishes to become an IAS officer has to appear for the UPSC civil services exam .

The eligibility criteria required for civil services exam are as under:-

-The candidate should be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The exam process involves

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.

To get more details one can visit website http://www.upsc.gov.in

TNPSC stands for Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission .

The eligibility criteria required to apply for the TNPSC exam are as under:-

-The educational qualification for most of the exams conducted by TNPSC is Bachelor's degree .

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The selection procedure involves of

Written Test , and

Interview

To get more details,one can visit the Official website of TNPSC :- http://www.tnpsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?