28th August 2013, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare for GRE and TOEFL? I am a B.E ECE student

Sir I am in BE ( ECE ) first year. i want to prepare and clear Gre and tofel next year. what should I do. How much expense will it take to study abroad ( Australia or USA ) to do my MS. is there any score i must get in my graduation.
how to apply ?
Please suggest

Related Questions:
  1. What shall I do to MS from abroad in CS stream?
  2. Whether GRE and TOEFL are enough to study MBA in abroad? Procedure to apply, preparation tips and last date to apply for GRE and TOEFL?
  3. Will it be okay to appear in GRE and TOEFL after dropping job? If I am doing so shall I have to show job experience?
  4. How to prepare for GRE and TOEFL to do MS abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Percentage required in GRE and TOEFL to study MS in Economics in USA for B.Com student? Necessity of GRE and TOEFL?
  6. What is mean by GRE and TOEFL? Number of attempts and selection process for M.S. in USA? How can I get scholarship through GRE and TOEFL?
  7. How to get into MIT(USA) after B.Tech? How to prepare for GRE and TOEFL?
  8. Which all exams are necessary to do MS in USA?
  9. Minimum marks required to pursue M.S. in any good university of USA for B.E.(ME) student? Online preparation for GRE and TOEFL?
  10. How should I appear for GRE and TOEFL? I have completed B.E
  11. Where else can the GRE and TOEFL/IELTS score be useful other than for seeking admission in colleges Abroad?
  12. When should I apply for GRE and TOEFL? How much marks are needed to apply for top universities?
  13. Detailed information about scholarship provided by universities in Abroad for MS? Preparation tips for GRE and TOEFL? -- [New]
  14. Whether it is possible to get admission without GRE or TOEFL?
  15. On which areas to concentrate more in GRE and TOEFL exam?
  16. How can I prepare for GRE and TOEFL to study MS in Singapore?
  17. Admission for MS in CSE at MIT, USA is possible for Indian student through GRE and TOEFL? Required TOEFL score and BE pointer or SGPA?
  18. What should I do after scoring 55% in B.Tech ECE to study MS in USA? Mars required in GRE, TOEFL?
20th August 2017, 12:16 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to prepare for GRE and TOEFL? I am a B.E ECE student

You can apply for the course MS to foreign countries US or Australia. For that, You are required to secure a minimum score in GRE and TOEFL/IELTS. You must secure at least 1800 in GRE, 250 in TOEFL and 6.5 in IELTS to get admission to US/Australian universities.

GRE

Syllabus
- Analytical Writing
- Critical Thinking
- Verbal Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude

Preparation Tips
- Start preparation earlier so that you will get enough time to prepare.
- Learn vocabulary in context. Understand the definitions of words very well.
- Take online tests seriously.
- Find yourself missing your problems due to silly mistakes and root out every mistakes.

TOEFL

Syllabus
- Reading
- Listening
- Speaking
- Writing

Preparation Tips
- Try to Read, Write, Listen and Speak in English every chance you get.
- Write a notes yourself in English on any topic. It helps your sentence structure and vocabulary.
- Read Newspaper, Magazines, Books and Online Sites in English to improve vocabulary.
- Listen Songs, TV News, Radio in English. It helps you to improve rhythms and stress pattern in Spoken English.

Application Procedure
- Start preparation to clear the entrances GRE and TOEFL.
- Keep yourself ready with documents.
- Gather information about institutes and decide where you should get the admission.
- Write a request for application form. You can also download the application form from official site.
- Write a SOP (Statement of Purpose) in 500 words with reason of applying for course and goals in life.
- Arrange recommendation letter from professor or employer.
- Submit your application with all necessary documents, Recommendation Letter and Statement of Purpose etc.
- Apply for VISA after getting confirmation of admission from institute.

Cost of MS Course In US/Australia
Average tuition fees for MS course ranges from US $15,000 to $30,000 per annum. Cost of Living will be around US $12,000 per annum. Other expenses such as Traveling, Books, Food and other numerous expenses are payable extra.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?