29th August 2013, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I prepare for IPS examination? How can I prepare for it?

Can I prepare for ips examination ?or I can join a ps academy institute for preapare for IPs

11th July 2015, 08:56 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I prepare for IPS examination? How can I prepare for it?

IPS stands for the Indian Police Services. It comes under the Civil Services of Indian Government. Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Services examination for entry into different services like IAS, IPS, IFS etc.

Eligibility for Civil Services Examination:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

>>The age limit for candidates belonging to general category is 21-32 years and three years upper age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST respectively.

Number of attempts:

General candidate: 06

OBC candidate: 09

SC/ST: no limit till upper age limit.

Yes, why not, you can prepare for the Civil Services exam without any hesitation and once you satisfy the eligibility criteria, you can apply for the exam.

There are several institutes which offer preparation for Civil Services exam:

1. Vajiram and Ravi IAS academy.

2. Rau's IAS study circle.

3. ALS institute.

4. Chanakaya's IAS academy.

5. Career Launcher.

So if you are unable to do self study, you can join any of the above institute for preparation. Hard work along with good determination with patience is needed to crack the three stages of this exam called Preliminary, Mains and interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?