1st September 2013, 04:23 AM
Unregistered

How to do Ph.D in Geoinformatics

Sir, I am currently applying to an M.Sc programme in Geo-informatics. I have B.Sc in Geography and Regional Planning. Is it possible to marry both at Ph.d level?

Related Questions:
1st July 2014, 03:04 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to do Ph.D in Geoinformatics

Any Ph.D programme consists of thesis writing, research and presentation. As far as eligibility is concerned, you need to have Masters Degree in the relevant field. You can hence, proceed for the PH.D degree in Geo informatics. The Ph.D program in Geo informatics focuses on studies, which include aspects of Geo informatics including applications and development of models, algorithms. There will be presentation of Thesis Topic and interview conducted by specific institutes after the entrance exam results. In some cases, you need to be NET cleared also. Here are the list of institutes where you can take Ph.D course in same stream:
Indian Institute of Remote Sensing and Sensing (IIRS), Dehradun www.iirs.gov.in

Indian Institute of Technology (lIT), Kharagpur, Roorkee, Kanpur www.iitkgp.ac.in
www.iitr.ac.in
www.iitk.ac.in

Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi, Extension centres – Kolkata, Jaipur www.bitmesra.ac.in

National Remote Sensing Agency (NRSA), Hyderabad www.nrsc.gov.in

Space Application Centre (SAC), Ahmedabad and New Delhi www.sac.gov.in

ISRO, Bangalore www.isro.org

Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University (JNTU), Hyderabad www.jntu.ac.in

Survey Training Institute, Hyderabad www.surveyofindia.

gov.in/Training.html

Symbiosis Institute of Geoinformatics www. sigpune.com/index.html
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?