7th September 2013, 11:50 AM
pushkartamang

Is bachelor preparatory program eligible for admission in BSc hotel management

Hi
I am 19 year old. I did Bachelor preparatory Program from Krishna Kanta Handique Open University . But i didn't appeared 10th standard as i dropped my formal education at 9th standard.I would like to do bsc in hotel management from IHM. So sir kindly let me know that whether Bachelor Preparatory Program is eligible or not for the admission of Bsc in hotel management in IHM.

21st March 2015, 03:04 PM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is bachelor preparatory program eligible for admission in BSc hotel management

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkartamang View Post
Hi
I am 19 year old. I did Bachelor preparatory Program from Krishna Kanta Handique Open University . But i didn't appeared 10th standard as i dropped my formal education at 9th standard.I would like to do bsc in hotel management from IHM. So sir kindly let me know that whether Bachelor Preparatory Program is eligible or not for the admission of Bsc in hotel management in IHM.
Eligibility for Hotel management

B.Sc. Hotel Management Duration: 3 yrs (Semester System)

Eligibility Criteria (Qualifying Exam)
:Pass with 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 or equivalent (with English).
In case candidate has not studied English as a subject, condition of English may be waived off provided the candidate in his qualifying exam, has studied in English medium .

Admission Criteria:Merit in qualifying examination

fee structure:Depends on the type of colleges

OR

Courses offered in Hotel Management

Those students who want to make a career in this field can pursue a full time degree, diploma, and short term certificate in hotel management. Below is the list of course offered by various universities and colleges:

Bachelor of Arts in Hotel Management
Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management
BA (Hons) in Hotel Management
BBA in Hotel Management
Master of Science in Hotel Management
MBA in Hotel Management
Diploma in Hotel Management
Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management
Certificate Courses in Hotel and Catering Management
Craftsmanship Courses

Duration of Hotel Management programmes:
The duration of the courses vary from college to college and degree to degree. If student pursue a Bachelors degree in Hotel Management, the duration of the course would be three to four years. The duration for Masters degree in hotel management would range from 18 months to 24 months. For a certification and diploma course the duration of the programme would be 6 months to 18 months, it depends upon the modules covered in the programme.

Eligibility Criteria for Hotel Management course

Diploma course after 10th: To apply for diploma course a candidate must have passed Class 10th exam from a recognised board with minimum 40% marks.
Bachelors Degree: For bachelors degree a candidate must have passed Class 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks.
Post graduation degree: To be eligible for post graduation management programme a candidate must have passed Bachelors degree from a recognised university with at least 45% marks.
Certificate course: If a candidate wants to apply to certificate degree he/she should have completed minimum eligibility criteria the programme.
10th August 2015, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is bachelor preparatory program eligible for admission in BSc hotel management

I'm 32 years old and wants to do HM courses ,can I eligible for that??and if yes so plz give me the list of colleges who r distance education
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?