14th September 2013, 10:18 PM
saicharannath

How should I prepare for GATE? I have scored 55 marks in GATE

dear sir getting 55 marks in gate is necessary to get into iit's ? my stream is mechanical and i am preparing for gate and how many months is necessary for preparation .thanktou in advance

15th September 2013, 02:51 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.
Default Re: How should I prepare for GATE? I have scored 55 marks in GATE

After getting 55 marks in GATE they will provide GATE rank for you.You can use this GATE rank in many ways.You can apply for any MTech college for admission of MTech with this GATE score.You can also apply for some jobs based on this GATE score.
15th September 2013, 04:54 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for GATE? I have scored 55 marks in GATE

GATE 2013 useful preparation tips:

Get your fundamentals right: Students spend months to prepare for the exam. However, to secure a seat it is really important that you get your fundamentals right. GATE is one such exam which tests you on your fundamentals.

Read different and unique study material: It is really important while preparing for exam you read books written by various authors on various topics. Reading and preparing from one books or two books is not sufficient to crack the exam. So it is really important that you prepare for GATE exam from different books which cater your needs. The study material of the books should be unique so it will add value to your knowledge not just repetition of what you already know.

Discuss quality questions: It is really important that you prepare for quality questions. It is really important to solve the tricky questions. Rather than solving simple questions and wasting your time, it is better that you spend more time on solving concept based questions.

Solve previous year's papers: To understand the pattern of the exam and get familiar with it, aspirants should solve the previous year's papers of GATE exam. It will also brushes up your basic concepts and exposes you to real exam pattern.

Solve mock test papers: While preparing for the exam it is really important that you should solve as many papers as you can. Solve mock papers to understand the basic concepts. Mock test will give you the image of real paper and make you aware about what type of question will be asked in the exam. So try to solve as much papers as you can.

As M.Tech admissions 2013 are coming to close, few students started looking for next year’s battle. Few of them either could not make it big in last year’s GATE exam and few of them are just trying to knock it for the first time. In spite of changes in GATE 2014, in this post, I would like to bring a complete guide and timely help to students with best possible official information.

I recommend you to book mark this page, subscribe to InI and like us on facebook to get all updates related to GATE 2014 preparations. I with the help of other students give almost all the updates right from notification to M.Tech admissions in 2014 in one place with complete authenticity. You can refer to previous guides, GATE 2013 preparation Guide for more details.

This guide would help you to stay focused all over the year till you finish you reach the exam center and M.Tech admissions. I also write few personal posts to help you gain the lost focus because of continues studies that will remind your task in next one year and help you maintain the focus and speed.

All the best..............
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?