18th September 2013, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

How can I become a Chef after doing B.Com?

Hi i am doing b.com and i want to become a chef,so can i join culinary arts school??? if yes then please suggest good colleges for it in India and across the globe.

5th September 2017, 12:57 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How can I become a Chef after doing B.Com?

To become a chef, You should join the Food Craft Institute or pursue Hotel Management Course. Many institutes offer these courses across the India. You can choose the specialization of your interest. You should possess certain skills to become an excellent chef.

Required Skills For Chef
- Passion For Food
- Intense Sense of Smell and Taste
- Innovative Ideas
- Organizational Skill
- Confidence
- Good Memory Power

Food Craft Institutes Offering Courses
- Front Office Operation
- Food and Beverage Services
- Housekeeping
- Food Production
- Hotel Accommodation and Operations
- Bakery and Confectionary

Food Craft Institutes
Ajmer, Balangir, Chandigarh, Darjeeling, Faridabad, Pondicherry, Udaipur, Tiruchirapalli, Visakhapatnam, Guwahati, Patna, New Delhi, Shimla, Bhopal, Jaipur, Chennai

Top Institutes Offering Hotel Management Courses
- Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Bangalore
- Oberoi School of Hotel Management, New Delhi
- Welcome Group Graduate School of Hotel Management, Manipal
- The Taj Group's Institute of Hotel Management, Aurangabad
- Oriental School of Hotel Management, Kozhikode

Career Prospects
You can find the career opening for various positions in Hotels, Restaurants, Resorts, Catering Agencies, Airlines, Clubs, Cruise etc.

Top Recruiters
- Vivanta By Taj
- Hotel Raviz
- Poovar Island Resort
- Radha Regent
- Holiday Inn
- Malabar Palace
- Evershine Keys
- SP Grand Days
- Le Meridien
20th August 2020, 02:58 PM
chefraju

Yes. If you dream to become a chef, of course you can be one day. If you are a graduate and want to join the culinary profession then I can say that the best, affordable as well as the highly hands on course available is the ADVANCE DIPLOMA IN CULINARY ARTS offered by Culinary academy of India. This is one of the most comprehensive culinary course which is being delivered with maximum hours devoted to practical hands-on skill development of the students. Culinary Academy of India is a well-known brand in the field of Culinary Education in India since the last two and half Decades. Is was the first College in India to offer the Bachelors in Culinary Arts in India with affiliation to Osmania University
8th August 2022, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

I am a b.com graduate and i want to become a bakery chef so should I do a diploma or a master's degree in hotel management?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?