18th September 2013, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

What is the percentage needed in 3rd year diploma to get admission in B.E

What percentage needed in third year diploma to get admission in B.E secon year in mechanical engineering

Related Questions:
  1. What is the percentage needed in 3rd year diploma to get admission in B.E 3nd year in mechanical engineering
  2. How can I get admission in DU after passing B.Com 3rd year? How much percentage is needed?
  3. How much is the minimum percentage required to get admission in 2nd year of engineering in Information Technology? Am I eligible admission in MIT after scoring 85% in 3rd year diploma?
  4. How to take admission in direct 3rd year degree after completing diploma 3rd year
  5. Chances of getting admission in good ME college after 3 years Diploma?
  6. How much percentage is required in diploma Mechanical 3rd year for admission in government engineering college, Pune? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Whether percentage of diploma becomes 1st year's percentage for a candidate who has completed B.Tech after Lateral Diploma? -- [New]
  8. Procedure to get Admission in USA for Engineering after Diploma in IT?Minimum percentage required and scholarship details?
  9. How can I get Admission in USA for Engineering after Diploma in IT? Minimum percentage required and scholarship?
  10. Can I get admission in BE in 3rd year after completing diploma?
  11. How much percentage is needed to get admission in government college
  12. Can I take admission in 3rd year degree after completing 3rd year diploma?
  13. Can I get admission in diploma engineering after completing BPP course? How much percentage is needed for BPP exam?
  14. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.E after scoring 62% in diploma in electrical engineering?
  15. Can I get admission in B.E aeronautical engineering after diploma in mechanical engineering
  16. Admission in 2nd year IIT after Diploma engineering?
  17. After completing BPP course can I get admission in diploma engineering? How much percentage is needed to score in BPP exam?
  18. Percentage needed to get a job after passing B.Tech?

19th September 2013, 08:37 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the percentage needed in 3rd year diploma to get admission in B.E

Basically what you are looking for is lateral entry admission in Engineering degree course. Taking admission in second year of Bachelor of Technology is called lateral entry admission.

It is possible once you have completed diploma. There are number of colleges in India that offer lateral entry admission. These colleges reserve some percentage of total seats for the diploma holders.

The number is around 10 to 20 percent of total seats. You can take admission for these seats through entrance exam.

Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET) is the most common entrance exam for lateral admission. LEET is conducted in several states in India. You can apply for it if scored minimum of 60 percent marks in the diploma course.

LEET is just one of the many exams. Some colleges conduct their own written test. While in some colleges you can get admission based on merit.

Several colleges actually rate your performance in entrance exams like the Joint Entrance Exam and the state level entrance exam. For example if you want lateral entry in UP College then there are colleges which will check your performance in the UPSEE entrance exam.

At this point I would like to point out that Indian Institutes of Technology and National Institutes of Technology do not offer lateral entry admission. If you want admission in these institutes then would be required to appear for the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE).

There is no provision in these institutes which could allow lateral entry. You will have to pursue the entire 4 years course.

25th July 2014, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the percentage needed in 3rd year diploma to get admission in B.E

how we can get admission in btec after doing diploma in electronics and comnucation ????? in Punjab under ptu university??

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?