27th September 2013, 09:46 PM

How can I prepare for IAS? I am studying B.Tech 3rd year of ECE branch

Respected Sir,
I am studying B-Tech 3 year of branch ECE.I want to start my preparation for civil services(IAS) soon after completing my B-Tech.What are the steps to be taken by me from now to start my preparation,i mean on what basis i want to be thorough with.

15th July 2015, 04:52 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for IAS? I am studying B.Tech 3rd year of ECE branch

I.A.S stands for the Indian Administrative Services and to become an I.A.S you need to qualify in the Civil services examination which is conducted by the UPSC every year.

The examination is toughest of all other examination conducted and known as the mother of all examination. The eligibility to appear for the examination :-
* Candidate must have passed the graduation from the recognized university in any discipline. Candidate age must be between 21-30 year and relaxation in the age for the reserved category candidate.

To qualify in examination you need to have the best knowledge in your optional paper. But as you are in the B.tech 3 rd year you have the still 2 year to pursue the graduation.

So in this two year you can go through the all the NCERT books from the VII-XII. Try go through the English newspaper to improve your word power and the grammar and go make a look on the events taking place around the world.

For syllabus of the examination and pattern visit at the www.upsc.gov.in
1st May 2019, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I prepare for IAS? I am studying B.Tech 3rd year of ECE branch

I want to become a IAS. Which course I have to choose b.sc. or B.E?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?