26th November 2013, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

Fees difference between diploma and fresh candidate for degree in Electrical engineering?

I did my diploma in electrical engineering and further I am interested to do degree in electrical engineering...so how do i go about? I mean term for degree course having Diploma background??? In other words, is there any feess differences between someone who directly apply for degree and some applying after completing diploma course.....If so, how??? Could you just elaborate for this concern please.....

Related Questions:
13th December 2013, 12:11 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: Fees difference between diploma and fresh candidate for degree in Electrical engineering?

It gives us immense pleasure to see you aspire for higher studies after your diploma rather than running behind jobs at such an early age. Although it is a common saying that job experience is much valuable than qualification in modern world, but qualification also matters in deciding up to what level a professional can be promoted or employed. Nobody is going to recruit a diploma to the post of a researcher even though he/she has job experience.

You can definitely go for the B.Tech course, rather you should go for it. Since you have completed your diploma so you can directly get admission in the second year of B Tech through Lateral Entry scheme. Every year the state technical board of education conducts LEET exam for the diploma candidates through which they can seek admission in various engineering institutes for their B.Tech course directly in the second year. The admission is done purely on the basis of rank obtained in the LEET exam. Various other private universities conduct their own written entrance exam to intake diploma students directly in the second year of engineering B.Tech course.

There is nothing as fees difference between the diploma candidates and the fresh candidates for B.Tech course. It is just you will get admission directly in the second year of B.Tech course and hence will not be liable to pay the fees of the 1st year of B.Tech course. From second year onwards you have to pay the same course fees as the fresh candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?