25th November 2013, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

Scope of B.Sc in Physics? What to do after bachelor degree in Physics?

whether there is scope for bachelor of science in physics? what can i do after completing bachelor degree in physics? please tel me some suggestions....

8th December 2013, 03:05 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Lightbulb Re: Scope of B.Sc in Physics? What to do after bachelor degree in Physics?

Physics is one of the most demanding branches of science in modern world which has widespread applications in almost every sphere of life. The necessity of Physics cannot be ignored even in this IT-dependent world. Various core industries that shape the modern life and meet the demands of the people by providing various products are still dependent on the principles of Physics and their applications. Hence, this branch of science will never go away from the limelight and the scope will keep on increasing day by day.

Moreover due to shortage of efficient scholars in this field of science, there are numerous opportunities in this field in modern world and that too with lucrative salaries. However, one needs to be dedicated and hardworking to achieve success in this field.

Since you have done graduation in Physics, so it will be better if you go for post graduation in this field (MSc in Physics). However, you can also go for post graduation in other fields if you have interest in them like management (MBA), etc. This is because post-graduate candidates are offered higher salaries as compared to the graduate ones. Moreover, the scope also widens up on doing post graduation since fields like research, teaching open up with various opportunities for the post-graduate students which is scarce for the graduate ones.

With the qualification of BSc in Physics, you can get jobs in both government as well as private sector. You can get job in sectors like Defence, Aeronautics, Laboratories, Banking, Material Engineering firms and many more that involves organizations both at national as well as international level.

There are various manufacturers that employ physics candidates like TATA Power, TATA Steel, L&T, Crompton Greaves, Mahindra, Wipro, Sony, Jindal Power and Steel and many other gadget and machinery manufacturing and production firms in the private sector. However, post graduates are preferred more than the graduates by these companies. Apart from these one can also seek employment in the BPOs and courier services as well as take up teaching in various private schools and colleges.

Along with the private sector, it has huge scope in the government sector as well. Organizations like as Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Physical Research Laboratory Ahmedabad, Nuclear Science Centre New Delhi, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics Kolkata and Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) offer various opportunities for the aspirants in this field.

Even one can find job opportunities in various positions of state and central government through UPSC, SSC, PCS and Civil Services exam. Physics graduates are also recruited in the defense sector by organizations like Indian Army, Navy, Air Force, BSF, CRPF and SSB. You can also find employment opportunities in various public sector units like ONGC, NTPC, SAIL, Coal India Limited and many more. However,you need to qualify the entrance exam followed by the interview round to get recruited by these organizations.

Apart from these fields, sectors like insurance, marketing and railways also give employment to the Physics graduates. LIC, Post offices and telegraph centers and Indian Railways have numerous openings which are advertised from time to time in their official website and newspapers.
23rd June 2014, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Scope of B.Sc in Physics? What to do after bachelor degree in Physics?

which course is better whether b.sc physics or electronic and communication engineering??
18th May 2015, 06:11 PM
savneybillford

Default Re: Scope of B.Sc in Physics? What to do after bachelor degree in Physics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which course is better whether b.sc physics or electronic and communication engineering??
Both courses have a huge potential. BSc in physics is a bachelor degree course which is pure sciences but salary wise you won't earn much if you quit after being a bachelor in science. You will have to join a masters course and then you will find it to be real benefitting. You will see a lot of scope if you are a MSc physics holder.
First you can be a lecturer and teach both in physics and electronics departments as electronics is a branch of physics and the pay in government sector is very high. You can join as a junior researcher in many companies which are looking for post graduates in physics for research and development purposes.

If you do E&C engineering you will find good jobs right in the beginning. And if you so a M.Tech in E&C then you will be paid very high.
15th June 2015, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

I am intresting physics & also chemestry i am comfused which subject i am choise in ty bsc?
15th June 2015, 11:34 PM
vickyhansi

The job opportunities after BSc Physics Honors are-

1)Teaching Field.

2)Laboratory Technician.

3)A range of technical jobs like

radiation monitoring, electrical power plant operator, scientific instrument operator.

4)Meteorology.

5)Computer programmer.

6)Research field.
17th June 2015, 03:46 PM
rakesh_batra
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am intresting physics & also chemestry i am comfused which subject i am choise in ty bsc?
Just choose any one of it. You just need to analyze yourself that out of these two, which one will generate more interest in you in future.
Also, try to get admission in reputed colleges like:

Loyola College (Chennai), Lovely Professional University (Punjab), Miranda House (Delhi), Hansraj College (Delhi), Christ College (Bangalore)......... where you'll find good exposure and education quality.
6th July 2016, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

which option would be better BSc in physics or engineering in Computer Science?
I am interested to join the defence forces..
12th February 2017, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

Can a student do MCA after b.sc in physics ,can he clear the subject of MCA
13th June 2019, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

My aim was to become a physics teacher. But unfortunately i haven't got admission for msc physics. Can i become a teacher?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?