25th November 2013, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Post graduation in Information Technology (DBMS)?

I am a bachelor of computer science from pune university.
i am interested in doing post graduation which includes database management system.
i will always prefer DBMS instead of developing.
please guide me in doing the post graduation program.

10th January 2014, 01:11 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Post graduation in Information Technology (DBMS)?

Yes of course it is good to do post graduation in computer science or IT. And there is many scopes in this field. There are so many companies which are related to the IT field. And at this time there is many scope in this field and in this modern world there is almost all fields in which computers are used.

You see all the offices and companies in which you see the computers. So, therer is vast scope in this field.

There are so many companies which is related to the IT field and after the post graduation in IT.
IBM
Infosys
DELL
LENOVO
BSNL
MTNL
Samsung

These are the best companies which are related to this field and if you will get job in any of the company then this is best for you. And all are good companies and this is very tough to get job there.
So, i think it is best to get job in these companies are best companies and also give you good salary.
11th January 2014, 06:15 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: Post graduation in Information Technology (DBMS)?

DBMS stands for Database Management System. In any company irrespective of its business and irrespective of its industry, it needs to maintain a database to store the business data.

For storing and managing this data effectively without being lost, DBMS is essential.

To the best of my knowledge there is no special course called DBMS at Post Graduation level.

But if you join any technical course at Post Graduation level, you will be having DBMS as one of the subject.

The following are the courses for you to join
M.Sc in Computer Science
MCA (Master of Computer Applications)
MBA in Information Technology
MBA in Systems Management.

After completion of this course or along with the course, if you want to get more knowledge in Database side, you can learn several technologies like
Datastage
Teradata
Oracle
Dig Data
Data Warehousing
Oracle DBA etc.

To join any of the above mentioned courses, you need to write Entrance Exam.

Try to get admission for the course that you decided in a top college so that you can gain good subject knowledge which will let you to get top job opportunity in MNCs.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?