25th November 2013, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Is it mandatory to appear in the subject of post-graduation only for NET?

Hi! Is it mandatory to appear in the subject of post-graduation only? I am MS-CS and want to go for Management as my subject? Can I? I could not find this information documented anywhere.
The UGC website says :"iv) Candidates are "advised" to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item No. 9, may appear in a related subject.

Experts, please help. Thanks.

5th August 2014, 05:47 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Is it mandatory to appear in the subject of post-graduation only for NET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi! Is it mandatory to appear in the subject of post-graduation only? I am MS-CS and want to go for Management as my subject? Can I? I could not find this information documented anywhere.
The UGC website says :"iv) Candidates are "advised" to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item No. 9, may appear in a related subject.

Experts, please help. Thanks.
Nothing like that, any stream master degree candidates are eligible to apply for apply for UGC NET entrance examination. So, If you have completed master degree course, then definitely you are eligible to apply for UGC NET entrance examination for sure. Your institution will be recognized/approved by University Grants Commission.

NET (i.e) National Level Eligibility Test and this entrance examination is organized by University Grants Commission for every year. The candidate who is interested to take part in this entrance examination must satisfy the below criteria,

Eligibility Criteria:-

-The applicant must be a citizen of India.
-The applicant must be a complete post graduation course in any discipline from a recognized university.
-They must be secured at least 55% marks in the master degree course.
-5% relaxation will be applicable for reserved category students.
-The applicant age should be not more than 28 years for JRF and there is no age limit for lectureship.

For more information please visit here:- OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?