26th November 2013, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

Though my post graduation is in English can I appear for Mass Communication?

I have completed post graduation in English literature and scored 58 percent.
After that I joined a national channel as a news reporter and am now a lecturer in a broadcast journalism institute.

Though I have post graduated in Literature can I appear for NET in mass communication subject?

Related Questions:
  1. Is M.A in Mass Communication equivalent to PG?
  2. Cutoff for Petroleum Engineering course in top colleges? Which are the top colleges in Pune?
  3. Eligibility for PO after 45% in Graduation and 65% in PG in Mass Communication?
  4. What should I do to enter into Teaching field having done Graduation in Mass Communication?
  5. What's the eligibility criteria and procedure for doing graduation in mass communication? List of top institutes providing the same
  6. Can MBA students choose commerce as a subject in the UGC-NET entrance exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to do B.Ed in mass communication after my PG?
  8. How can I apply for UG(Communication) program through quota(music quota)?Am I eligible for M.A(English) in Delhi vicinity? I'm in 3rd year(English honors)
  9. Can I do Mass Communication and English Hons at the same?
  10. Previous year question papers and sample papers for CAT exam?
  11. what is the syllabus for mass communication entrance exam St. Xaviers Calcutta?
  12. Eligibilty criteria for Mass Communication in Delhi? Can I apply through Music Quota?
  13. Various options available for me in B.Ed for Post Graduation? I've done graduation with history hon's with 47% marks and M.A with mass communication with 60% marks
  14. What should I do to become a news reporter? I am from commerce side
  15. IGNOU Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication-Introduction to Journalism and Mass Communication Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. How much percentage is required for journalism course?
  17. Good Mass communication post graduation colleges in Mumbai? forms?
  18. Which St. Xaviers college branches have Mass communication course?
11th January 2014, 07:43 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Though my post graduation is in English can I appear for Mass Communication?

I am sorry you cannot apply for the NET exam in mass communication. For this you have to do masters in mass communication.
Eligibility for the NET exam in mass communication:
You should have masters in mass communication with minimum 55% marks.
Final year student can also apply for this.
But as you have done masters in English then it is best to give NET exam in English. And you are eligible for this.

But you cannot apply for the NET exam in mass communication. For this you need to do masters in mass communication.

There are many scopes in the mass communication field. So, it is best to do masters in this field after that you are eligible to apply for the NET exam in mass communication.

And to get admission in masters in mass communication you need to apply for the entrance exam and if you had minimum 50% marks in graduation then you can apply for the entrance exam.

And so for the NET exam in mass communication you need to do masters in mass communication.
19th August 2021, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Though my post graduation is in English can I appear for Mass Communication?

I have done m.a in mass communication and journalism. Can I apply for UGC net in English literature?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?