25th November 2013, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Post graduation in Astronomy possible after Electronics & Telecommunication engineering?

I am currently pursuing engineering in electronics & telecommunication. I am interested in astronomy. so is it possible to do post graduation in astronomy?
if yes will i face any difficulty due to change of branch? please suggest some institutes & courses in same.
thankx in advance.

Related Questions:
  1. Does this a right choice of opting for MBA in Aviation Management after completion of Graduation in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering?
  2. How to do PG in Aerospace engineering after passing 3 years electronics and telecommunication engineering?
  3. What is the syllabus for the post of sub engineering? I have done diploma in electronics and telecommunication
  4. Is there any scope in doing MBA in Aviation Management after Bachelor in electronics & telecommunication Engineering?
  5. Courses which i can undertake for PG in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  6. Is there any scope in doing mba after btech in electronics & telecommunication? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which courses to do after 9th so as to become an Astronaut?
  8. Difference between electronics and communication and electronics, telecommunication and electronics engineering?
  9. Scope for Researching field if I do Ph.d in Radio Astronomy? Is it Necessary to do Post Graduation or PhD to Enter Research Field?
  10. Can a B.E (Electronics and Telecommunication) graduate change his branch in Post Graduation(Civil)?
  11. Syllabus of engineering services exam 2010 for electronics & telecommunication engineers?
  12. What can I do to get into Robotics having passed Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication and pursuing 2nd year of BE in Electronics & Telecommunication?
  13. Is it possible to do sound engineering after completing degree in electronics and telecommunication
  14. Last 5 years solved papers of Mahatransco for J.E post for electronics and telecommunication
  15. UPSC, Engineering Services Exam, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, Paper I Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. List of colleges affiliated to AIEEE in Uttar Pradesh and Punjab?
  17. After Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering which courses are available for me?
  18. What courses to do after completion of Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering?
22nd September 2014, 02:33 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Post graduation in Astronomy possible after Electronics & Telecommunication engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am currently pursuing engineering in electronics & telecommunication. I am interested in astronomy. so is it possible to do post graduation in astronomy?
if yes will i face any difficulty due to change of branch? please suggest some institutes & courses in same.
thankx in advance.
Yes, you are eligible for M.Sc Astronomy after Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering. You wont be facing any difficulty in M.Sc Astronomy course. Electronics and Telecommunication is also a branch of Physics. So, you can easily manage the M.Sc Astronomy course.

Master of Science (M.Sc) Astronomy is a Master degree course in science stream. The duration of the course is two years which are divided into four semesters.

Eligibility Criteria:-
Candidates must have passed B.Sc Astronomy or Astrophysics or it's equivalent qualification with 55% from a recognized university.
Those candidates who belong to SC/ ST/PWD Candidates are required to posses only 50% Marks at Graduate Level
Admission is done on the basis of entrance examination.

Colleges Offering M.Sc Astronomy:-
St. Xavier's College - Kolkata, West Bengal
Mother Teresa Women - Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu
Punjabi University, Patiala
Osmania University, Hyderabad
15th September 2017, 09:16 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Post graduation in Astronomy possible after Electronics & Telecommunication engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
thankx in advance.

Yes, You are eligible to apply for M.Sc astronomy after completing your bachelors degree in electronics and telecommunication, because minimum qualification required to apply for post graduate degree in astronomy is bachelors in relevant stream and you must have studied physics subject in your bachelors degree. Here below are details regarding M.Sc astronomy course:-

>> Minimum qualification required to apply for post graduation degree in astronomy is bachelors degree in relevant field from government recognized institute.

>> Duration of post graduate degree in astronomy is 2 years.

Specializations for M.Sc Astronomy:-

:- Cosmology and extragalactic astronomy.

:- Celestial mechanics.

:- Solar and stellar physics.

Institute Offer M.SC Astronomy:-

1). Punjabi University, Patiala

2). Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore

3). Punjab University, Chandigarh

4). Karpagam University, Coimbatore

5). Osmania University, Hyderabad
14th October 2021, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

What could be a problem if I chose electronics and communication engineering in bacheolers and masters astronomy in cosmology and extragalactic astronomy?
What will my career?
Will it affect my career,as it would be a cross degree?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?