25th November 2013, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I do PhD in Computer Science having 62% marks?

I have completed mca with 62% marks from IGNOU. can i do phd computer science (correspondense).Plz send me University Name & which subject i choose the PHD programme.

20th December 2013, 02:14 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I do PhD in Computer Science having 62% marks?

You are eligible to do the Phd Course in Computer Science after having the 62% marks in your master degree which is pursued from the IGNOU.

IGNOU is a well reputed University specially known for the distance program and anyone who have completed his or her Master degree from the IGNOU is eligible to do the Phd Course in future.

There are so many colleges in which you can do your Phd Course. The duration of the Phd course is minimum of 2 years and maximum of 5 years.

Here i am mentioning the detail eligibility to take admission in the Phd course after doing the master degree-

One need to have minimum qualification of the Master degree (Degrees like Mphil,MTech,Msc,MBA,MCA etc) they all counts as a master degrees from a recognized university or college.

The minimum percentage required to do the Phd course is 60% in the master degree for the General or Non Reserved Category students and for the SC/ST there is a relaxation of 5% to these category candidates that means they need to have minimum of 55% marks in there Master degree course to eligible for the doing Phd Course.

Now talking about you-what to choose. As you have done your master degree in computer Science field so you are only eligible for doing the Phd in Computer Science.
You need to choose Computer Science related subjects in your Phd degree.
Here i am giving you some of subject according to IIIT's syllabus-

Foundation Courses

CSE411 Complexity and Advanced Algorithms
CSE471 Statistical Methods in AI
CSE415 Principles of Programming Languages
CSE481 Optimization Methods
CSE418 Principles of Information Security

Systems Courses

CSE431 Distributed Systems
CSE441 Database Systems
CSE435 Computer Networks
CSE419 Compilers
CSE461 Software Engineering

The minimum eligibility to take admission in the IIIT's college you need to have minimum of 60% marks in your graduation degree as you have 62% marks in your graduation so you are eligible to do the Phd course at IIIT or any other colleges.
13th August 2014, 03:13 PM
mk554387

Default Re: Can I do PhD in Computer Science having 62% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed mca with 62% marks from IGNOU. can i do phd computer science (correspondense).Plz send me University Name & which subject i choose the PHD programme.

Yes you can do no issues.bharathidasan university in Trichy, further details intersted, Pl email I can help it out [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?