25th November 2013, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

Procedure and entrance exam for M.Phil?

I finished my MA English from OU distance education and want to pursue Mphil English. What is the procedure to do MPHIL. is there any entrance? do different universities have different rules? Which way is better to do MPHIL, regular or correspondence?

9th December 2013, 11:31 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Post Re: Procedure and entrance exam for M.Phil?

M.Phil stands for Master of Philosophy. The duration of the course is for two years. The applicant who are aspiring to upgrade their knowledge in specific specialization after master degree course can apply for M.Phil course.
Eligibility Criteria:-
The Applicant should be qualified in Master degree course in any discipline from recognized university. The Applicant need to be secure minimum 55% percentage of marks in master degree course.
The Admission for M.Phil course is based on written examination, which is organized by the institution to test the candidate's knowledge.The Applicant who are qualified in written examination will be call for interview.
However, admission for M.phil course through distance learning mode is differ from university to university. Some university having specific eligibility criteria for admitting candidate into M.Phil distance learning program.
There is no issue with your educational qualification. But, here you didn't mention your percentage of marks in master degree course. So, It's difficult for us to tell that you are eligible for M.Phil course or not. If you scored more than 55% percentage of marks then definitely you are eligible for M.Phil course.
Which way is better to do M.Phil, regular or correspondence?
We always suggest to do M.Phil course in regular mode. It's really good advantage that you can share your knowledge and suggestion to your friends in a class and Teacher will teach you many new things in class only. So, it's always better to do M.Phil course in regular. But, you can choose Regular/ correspondence course based on your situation, interest and financial position.
21st June 2015, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Procedure and entrance exam for M.Phil?

i want to know the syllabus for m.phil english entrance exam (regular course) of the university of madras and how to prepare for it.
18th October 2015, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

Hi I completed my m.com course with 65% aggregate shall I have eligibility to do MPhil in political ?
25th March 2016, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

Hi I have completed MBA finance with 59% of marks with Pondicherry university academic year 2012-2014. Planning to do MPhil.. I can't do in regular basis.. So in distance am I able to do?? What's the procedure?? Best university for MPhil etc I would like to know pls do the needful... Thanks..
12th May 2016, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

What is the maximum age limit for doing M.Phil? Can it be done after completing MBA through distance learning?
18th May 2016, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am Mina Patel I admission to your state university m.phill geography academic year 2016/17 pls inform me procdure and entrance exam details
20th March 2018, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

I scored 56.13% in my Masters in English. I want to pursue Mphil in Delhi. Distance education preferable. Are there any universities in Delhi itself which offer this course? Also if there is any other state university. What is the procedure as I can't travel to any other state for any exams or certificates?
25th May 2018, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

I have completed MA in Englsih and have scored 60% marks. I want to pursue M.phil in English. Suggest me universities and colleges from where it can be done as a distant course.
Also tell the procedure to apply.
1st August 2018, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

I finished my M.A in economics I want to join M.phil course my percentage in m.a is 66 how to apply
17th April 2019, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

I have completed M.A through English lit.want to appear for m.phil entrance from osmania university but don't know the date of entrance exam .kindly let me know.thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?