25th November 2013, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

Will a PhD from IISC get me what I want?

Hi friends,

I am currently pursuing my MS in the university of Utah. I want to pursue my phd in India at IISC.

I will delineate my academic and research record and would also put down my aspirations. Please guide me by suggesting whether I am in the right path.

I did my UG in chennai under anna university and secured 84%
I have two research papers one each in MANETS and embedded systems(IEEE published)

I am now here at the univ of utah and I plan to complete my master's thesis by dec 2011 or thereabouts. I am absolutely sure about two things

1)I either want to be an academician or a researcher
2)I want to settle in India

My research interests include algorithmic approaches to solving problems in networks and other fields..hopefully my Master's thesis will follow the same line...

I want to know 1)Whether my aspiration to get a phd from IISc is reasonable
2)Will a Phd from IISc get me what I want?

Thank you. I appreciate any sort of guidance...

7th April 2016, 10:50 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will a PhD from IISC get me what I want?

If you want to enter academics and settle in India then there is no better option than IISc which is one of the premier institute in India. You will surely be in demand as a researcher if you complete your programme from this reputed institution.
Hence, you can surely go ahead if you are getting opportunity to study at IISc. There is no better place in India for your research programme.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?