27th November 2013, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

Which Board is best ISC or Gujarat state board?

I have passed my 10th from IGCSE board (cambridge) which board i should take in 11th and 12th in commerce stream. I don't know which one is better among Gujara and ISC board.

Related Questions:
17th December 2013, 03:08 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Lightbulb Re: Which Board is best ISC or Gujarat state board?

Choosing the stream of study after tenth and choosing the board of education to study after tenth are the two most common confusions as well as tensions in the minds of all the students who have to decide and their parents. Both the decisions are crucial since both play a role in deciding the future life and opportunities.

A good school affiliated to a board of education to which a student can be comfortable with is the ideal one which should be thought of rather than thinking entirely from the futuristic point of view. A bad school can definitely make a student worse by deviating him/her from the actual path which requires both seriousness and discipline. On the other hand,a good school can definitely inspire and lead a student to the right path in life.

Keeping the modern trend and requirements as well as the job opportunities in mind, you should go for the ISC board and not Gujarat board. This is because of the following reasons :-
→ Gujarat Board is only recognized by the state of Gujarat whereas ISC is recognized at the All-India level.
→ Various companies keep a different margin criteria while deciding the eligibility criteria for the state board candidates.
→ Usually the margin kept for the state board candidates is higher than the ALL-India level board like ISC or CBSE which is due to the non uniform education system in different states of India.
→ Various institutions outside Gujarat consider the marks of the All-India level boards as more preferable thereby reserving more seats to those candidates who belong to All-India Level board of education.

Although in Gujarat state board candidates will be prefered more yet if you aspire globally, then you should go for ISC board of education. Even though in most institutions admission is on the basis of entrance test yet it is seen that the syllabus matches with the All-India level boards of education more as compared to the state boards.
22nd August 2014, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which Board is best ISC or Gujarat state board?

knowing that isc is better than gujarat board why do majority shift to gujarat board?
19th November 2019, 09:01 AM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

Default Re: Which Board is best ISC or Gujarat state board?

Both the boards are equally good ,but ISC board will provide you with a broad spectrum of knowledge
If you aspire to work globally than you must go for ISCboard because it is recognised all nation wide and do also globally and if you want to work in gujarat state than you must go for guaranteed board because in gujarat state there will be first preference for the state board students
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?