27th November 2013, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for PG in Fashion Designing after diploma?

I am Anuja, I will be a diploma holder in fashion designing, as a three years diploma holder is it better to do P G, actually I don't want to do job now, I want to get more knowledge about this field................................. I don't understand what to do...........

10th December 2013, 12:25 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Question Re: Can I apply for PG in Fashion Designing after diploma?

Fashion Designing is a broad field with splendid opportunities. If one is able to survive properly in this field, then it is sure that he/she will receive various lucrative career options. It is one of the most glamourous fields and is an evergreen field which is least affected by recession and market conditions. There are various subfields under it like clothing designing for men and women, accessories design for men and women, jewellery designing and many more. Both natural as well as acquired skill is required to excel in this field.

It is good to see you aspiring for higher studies. This will prove extremely beneficial for you since it will not only enhance your knowledge but also help in giving you more exposure to good opportunities in future. You can surely do post graduate diploma in fashion designing as well as fashion related fields like interior and jewellery designing. You can also pursue full time degree courses in the field of fashion designing which will be more beneficial for you.

There are various courses which you can pursue after completion of your diploma course in Fashion Designing. The courses which you can do are :-
-B. Sc Degree in Fashion, Interior and Textile Design
-Graduate Diploma in Textiles and Apparel Design
-Post Graduate Program in Fashion Marketing and Management
-Post Graduate Program in Garment Manufacturing Technology
-Post Graduate Program in Knitwear Design Technology
-B.Des. (Fashion Design)
-B.Des. (Textile Design)
You can also go for interior designing and jewellery designing courses.

Some of the top institutes where you can seek admission to pursue your post graduate course are as follows:-
-Wing Brother Institute Of Fashion Technology
-Academy of fashion technology
-MET Noida
-JNU
-NIFT (national institute of fashion technology)
-NIFD (national institute of fashion design)
-Inter National Institute of Fashion Design
-Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
-Hind College of Management & Information Science
-Satyam Fashion Institute
-Sardar Patel Mahavidyalaya
-K.S.Rangasamy College of Technology
20th March 2014, 07:05 PM
vpnkumar110

Arrow Re: Can I apply for PG in Fashion Designing after diploma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am Anuja, I will be a diploma holder in fashion designing, as a three years diploma holder is it better to do P G, actually I don't want to do job now, I want to get more knowledge about this field................................. I don't understand what to do...........

hi you can get Get all information related to Admission 2014 of pearl academy, here you will find all detail about Admission in pearl academy, visit site or call on toll free no 1800 103 3005

Founded in 1993, Pearl Academy is India’s largest private institution in fashion, design and related businesses, which has helped shape the business and creative landscape of these industries over the past 20 years.Driven by a commitment to create adaptable and highly sought-after graduates, Pearl Academy ensures student-outcomes are the center of every initiative. A high-caliber and experienced faculty, each equipped with Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education (PGCHE) in Pedagogy from NTU, UK, helps deliver on this promise.
11th April 2017, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for PG in Fashion Designing after diploma?

Can i apply for PG in fashion design after completion of 3 year diploma in fashion design from an institute OR Is it compulsory to have degree for apply in PG IN FASHION DESIGN?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?