27th November 2013, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for JRF? Can I pursue my Ph.D and JRF simultaneously?

Helo Sir,

I am doing Regular Ph.D Full Time. Am I eligible for the post of JRF in some project? My Ph.D work is related to the project in which JRF is required. Can i pursue my Ph.D and JRF simultaneously?

26th May 2014, 06:33 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility for JRF? Can I pursue my Ph.D and JRF simultaneously?

For JRF you must have complete your postgraduate degree after completing your post graduation degree you have to give entrance examination and also you have to appear for it so that you will get chance in the JRF service.

So as per the guidelines and schedule the eligibility for the JRF is based on age is 18 years to 28 years of age as minimum is 18 years of age and maximum is 28 years of age. And also for the backward class candidates the age relaxation time is up to 5 years of age as per the guidelines and rules.

Now comes to the study eligibility criteria so the candidates who have applied for that they must have get at least of 55 percent of marks in their previous study and for the backward caste candidates the marks relaxation is up to 5 percent means the eligibility for the study is up to 50 percent for the backward caste study. And now comes to the second question and that is the PhD and JRF simultaneously and for that I must tell that after you have been qualified from PhD then you can apply for the JRF exam.
30th May 2014, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility for JRF? Can I pursue my Ph.D and JRF simultaneously?

I have done MSc Clinical Research from Jamia Hamdard. Am i eligible for phd course in Immology / Pharmacology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?