15th December 2013, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

Better specification group in Master degree after Electronics & Communication engineering?

I am an electronics and comm engg student i wan to do my master degree, i dont know which specification group is better one for me. and i want to do my master degree in north india location lik delhi, pune i dont know which college and which university is better one .... so please help me to rigth path,,,,,,,,,

17th December 2013, 09:09 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Better specification group in Master degree after Electronics & Communication engineering?

ECE is one of the most demanding branches of engineering in modern century. Today’s world has become the center where the technologies of the IT and the Electronics world dominate over the other. Whatever we see around us,whatever we use in our daily life, most of the things are gifts from the world of electronics and IT. There is huge scope of this field and it is believed that the craze and scope of this field will keep on increasing day by day.

It is good to see you aspire for post graduation in the field of electronics. In modern world, most of the BTech candidates run after jobs in various private firms rather than going for higher studies. As a result the research field has to bear a setback. So there is a good prospect for the intelligent and dedicated aspirants to pursue their post graduation and perform various research works both at the national as well as international level. Even option of doing jobs in various reputed electronics and IT firms is also open once you will complete your post graduation.

There is adequate scope in all the fields like VLSI, Control Engineering, RF and Microwave Engineering, Embedded Systems, Digital Electronics, Power Electronics. However you need to keep in mind that electronics in India is still not well developed so you need to work hard to achieve high success in this field.

Keeping in mind various fields and parameters, it can be claimed that VLSI is the best specialization among the various specializations in India. Every electronic gadgets from Mobile Phones to Washing Machines, comprises of VLSI Technology. Thus, the scope is quite huge in this field. VLSI or Very Large Scale Integration is a technology to develop or design integrated circuits or chips. This is quite a challenging field and you need to be strong at your concepts and programming.

The increased demand of electronic gadgets in the entire world have paved the way for lucrative career options of professionals in this field since there is a shortage of chip designers as per the demand of it. There is a huge prospective of this field both in national and international domain as well as government and private sectors.

VLSI candidates are recruited in various posts and are given various roles and responsibilities like :- Chip Designer, Front-end Engineer, Back-end engineer, Automation engineer, fabrication engineer, digital engineer, analog engineer, RF and Wireless engineers, power and nano electronics professionals, process engineer, test engineer, System engineer and many more.

There are numerous core organizations who recruit VLSI professionals. National Organizations like Centre for Development of Imaging Technology (C-DIT), Centre for Development of Advanced Computing(C-DAC),Development Organisation (DRDO), Electronics Corporation of India Limited and National Intelligence Council recruit VLSI aspirants in good number. Some of the major recruiting companies in the private sector are HCL Technologies, Intel, Micron Tech, Alliance Semiconductor, Texas Instruments, Wipro, Synopsis, Cadence, Synopsys (India) Pvt. Ltd., Bluespec Incorporated, Transwitch India Pvt. Ltd., Beceem Communications Pvt. Ltd., ARM Embedded Technologies Pvt.Ltd., Applied Materials (I) Pvt. Ltd, Altera Semiconductor India, Alliance Semiconductor (India), Agere Systems India Pvt. Ltd. and many more.

Even though VLSI is stated as the best, every specialization has enough perspective and you should go for the one in which you have high interest and comfortable.

The institutes where you can pursue your post graduation are as follows:-
- Anna University: College of Engineering, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Shri Vaishnav Institute of Technology and Science, Indore, MP
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Goa
- JB Institute of Engineering and Technology, AP
- VEDA IIT, Hydrerabad
- BITS, Pilani,
- Punjab University
- Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, Hydrerabad, AP
- DOEACC Centre, Kerala
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, West Bengal
- International Institute of Information Technology, School of Information Technology, Pune, Maharashtra
- National Institute of Technology, Kerala
- Manipal Centre of Information Science
- Bharath Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Bharati Vidyapeeths College of Engineering, Pune, Maharashtra
- Annamalai University Directorate of Distance Education, Tamil Nadu
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?