22nd December 2013, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

JEE or other B.Tech entrance exams on the basis of Diploma engineering?

Hey sir , I am Abhishek rawal
I have completed 10 2 with 50% in 2009 , due to less marks i wsnt able to get admission in B.E. .... so i attempted for Diploma....and ...
right now I m in 5th semester of EC diploma ....
But i wanna apply for JEE examination .... as i have completed 10 2 in 2009 , I m not eligible for JEE exam or other b.tech entrance on basis of 10 2 ..... but as I m completing diploma this year ... is it possible to apply for JEE exam on basis of diploma ... and is it Eligible ? ..... plzz tell me ASAP ... m sooo confused :P :P
Thanks

6th January 2014, 12:46 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: JEE or other B.Tech entrance exams on the basis of Diploma engineering?

Hi friend

I have a better solution for you.

As you have said that you have completed diploma in electronics. So according to my advice you need to take admission directly in the second year of B.Tech through the lateral entry process.

There are many colleges which provides lateral entry admissions to diploma students.

As you know that the text is 4 year course but if anyone i have done their diploma course then he or she can take admission directly in the second year of B.Tech so now B.Tech is 3 year course for diploma students.

So i think this is the best choice for you. But if you want to appear for the joint entrance exam then you need to have minimum of 60 percent marks in 12th class and as you said that you have only 50 percent marks in 12th class so sorry to say that you are not eligible for the joint entrance exam.

So the best choice is for you to get admission in the second year of degree course which is best to you.

I think it is better to take admission in the 2nd year instead of taking admission in the first year after cracking the joint entrance exam.

There are many colleges which gives you admission in the lateral entry like Baddi University and Chitkara University these are the good option for you.
11th March 2014, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: JEE or other B.Tech entrance exams on the basis of Diploma engineering?

sir can i get lateral entry in 2nd semester on btech in mecanical engineering ?
14th April 2014, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

dear sir

other can i do B.Tech after completed 3 year of diploma in distance education
19th August 2015, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have complete my diploma through architecture assistanceship ...can l get admission in 2nd year in B.ARCH ....?????
Or can I change my trade as CIVIL ENGINEERING.....????
28th August 2015, 07:26 PM
DSP@1

I am sorry that you cannot go for JEE with Diploma background because, to be eligible for
JEE candidate must have completed his /her 12th standard or it's equivalent with
Mathematics,Physics and Chemistry as their main Subjects.

As you have done your diploma you cannot go for JEE now but you are eligible to do
graduation course.

You can join the graduation course through Lateral Entry,for this you must give the
entrance test conducted by your state Education board and qualify the test.

Or you can also go for Other Private University which offering graduation courses for
Diploma candidates.There also they will conduct entrance test first and then based on the merit list they will allot you seat.

The stream you select in your graduation should be related to your graduation
course.That is the course must be kept as eligible by the University/college for your
diploma course,only those course you are eligible for.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?