24th December 2013, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

Qualification, job position and procedure to get job in Tourism and Hospitality sector?

I have done my Bsc in Tourism and Hospitality Management from Madurai Kamraj University.I want to work in Tourism and Hospitality sector. The information on qualification and position for job is there but procedure for getting such job is not mentioned. Kindly tell me the process that how one can get jobs in this sector

Related Questions:
  1. How to get a job in Tourism Sector after completing BSc Hospitality from Mumbai University?
  2. Can I do a job in any government sector after completing Hospitality and Tourism Management Course from Singapore?
  3. How to get Government Job in Tourism sector of Gujarat being a candidate from MBA in Tourism and Hospitality and with 2 years of work experience as Faculty in a Hotel Management College?
  4. How can I qualify myself for a govt job in tourism sector? I have done my B.Sc in hotel management and tourism and currently I am pursuing MBA degree in hospitality management
  5. In which sectors can I get a job after completing MBA in Tourism and Hospitality
  6. How to get job in Indian tourism after pursuing GTM graduate diploma in tourism management from New Zealand?
  7. How to qualify myself for a Government Job in Tourism Sector? What are the requirements?
  8. What are the options available for me in Tourism areas and how may I get recruited? I have done my four year graduation in Hospitality from India and currently I am Pursuing GTM graduation course in Tourism Management from New Zealand
  9. Information about career in Hospitality and Tourism Sector?
  10. How to get a job in Ministry of Tourism? I have done 3 years diploma in hotel management
  11. How may I get a government job in tourism sector? List of entrance exams for the same?
  12. Information about government jobs in Travel?
  13. Scope for a government job in tourism course? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Which is a more profitable job, Airline or Tourism? How much is the salary package? Positions available for Tourism Professionals?
  15. Do I have any job opportunities in Defense Sector after completing BSc in Hotel Management and Tourism?
  16. How to get a government job in Tourism Sector after MBA in Tourism Management?
  17. What are the job prospects for me after doing graduation in Tourism from IGNOU?
  18. What are the government jobs in Tourism Sector? I have completed bachelor degree in tourism and hospitality services
7th February 2014, 01:31 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualification, job position and procedure to get job in Tourism and Hospitality sector?

Travel and Tourism is an exciting field and has become very popular in countries like India where people from all over the world come to explore the rich heritage and cultural diversity of the country.After completion of your course,you can get jobs in :-

-Government Tourism Departments
-Travel agencies
-Hotels
-Airlines
-Tour operator agencies
-Immigration and Customs services
-Guides
-Transportation Department
-Holiday Consultants

You can apply for the posts in tourism sector like-

-Tourism Department Officer
-Checker
-Settler
-Reservation Executive
-Tour Informer
-Immigration Consultant
-Front Office Executive
-Counter Staff
-Cabin crew
-Tour Planners
-Lobby Manager
-Operations executive
-Junior Travel executive
-Marketing Executives
-Tour Guides
-Ticketing assistant
-Tour operations Manager
-Trainee Travel Consultant

You have to keep in touch with the newspapers and leading employment news magazines. Most of the companies advertise there. The procedure to get job is - Entrance exam conducted by concerned organization followed by interview. In private sector, most of the companies recruit only through off-campus interviews. You can upload your resume in the leading job portal site to get updated info regarding the latest job openings and can apply directly online through the portal.

Salary ranges in Tourism jobs depend on the type of job you will be doing, the amount of training that is required for it and the experience level.You may get may get anything between Rs 20,-30,000 for basic levels and for experienced levels and reputed organizations, it may vary between Rs. 30,000-50,000 and can be even more along with other benefits and allowances.
6th October 2015, 10:32 AM
sanspeur

Default Re: Qualification, job position and procedure to get job in Tourism and Hospitality sector?

The procedure for the same is mentioned in the notification of the exam which have to come in employment news also you have be regulator visitor to the news paper and respective sites for the same .

i would like to say that this field is becoming excited and emerging in developing countries like india due to its vast heritage and culture.

You can apply for the posts in tourism sector like-

Tourism Department Officer
Checker
Settler
Reservation Executive
Tour Informer
Immigration Consultant
Front Office Executive
Counter Staff
Cabin crew
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?