27th April 2011, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

Who is an NRI student? If a student studies till 10th abroad and studies his 11th and 12th in India then is he eligible for exams under normal category?

I want to know who is an NRI student- A student who has studied 5 years including 11th and 12th abroad. If a student studies till 10th abroad and studies his 11th and 12th in India, then is he eligible for entrance exams under normal catageory?

Related Questions:
  1. Whether a candidate studied till 10th standard in Abroad but completed 12th in India is eligible for entrance exams under normal category?
  2. Which students are considered as NRI?
  3. Normal quota jobs in India for NRI?
  4. What would be the status between NRI and Normal category of an Indian genre candidate of Oman to get B.Sc admission? -- [New]
  5. What is the scope of becoming an NRI? If someone goes to higher studies in abroad are called as an NRI?
  6. Will I be considered as NRI if I have completed 10th in abroad and 11th, 12th from India?
  7. Is a candidate passed 10th from abroad and 12th from Tamil Nadu, eligible for NRI quota? What's the eligibility criteria for Tamil nadu engineering college counselling?
  8. Am I eligible for EAMCET if I have studied in abroad till 10th grade?
  9. Scholarship exams to study Undergraduate courses in Abroad for 12th student?
  10. How to go abroad for studies after 12th? I am pursuing MBBS
  11. How may I get a seat in Merit list? How can I avail NRI quota? I'm getting my education in Gulf and want to do higher studies in India
  12. Whether a student is considered an NRI if studying in Abroad?
  13. Upto which standard a candidate can study in Abroad to remain a Local candidate of India?
  14. For NRI students studying abroad in CBSE
  15. Will i come under NRI quota as i have done 10th in abroad?
  16. How many preceding year a student has to study in Tamil Nadu for qualifying Normal quota?
  17. Whether an Indian domicile of Singapore can study further in India after completion of 10th under normal category?
  18. Till which class a student can study in Abroad? To avoid NRI quota in which class he should come back to India?
29th August 2011, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Who is an NRI student? If a student studies till 10th abroad and studies his 11th and 12th in India then is he eligible for exams under normal category?

if u have studied ur +2 from india u can apply for the exams normally.. for proving the nationality or residential certificate u jst need to show that ur parents hav stayed here in india for more than 10 yrs... or u have a legal property in india which proves ur nationality as an indian resident... rest evrythng is as normal as a resident indian student..godd luck hav a good day....
29th August 2011, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Who is an NRI student? If a student studies till 10th abroad and studies his 11th and 12th in India then is he eligible for exams under normal category?

NRI means Non-Resident Indian

NRI is an Indian citizen who has migrated to another country, a person of Indian origin who is born outside India, or a person of Indian origin who resides permanently outside India.

A student who has studied 5 years including 11th and 12th in abroad then he is also called NRI student.

If the Student studies till 10th in abroad and studies his 11th and 12th in India, then also he is not eligible for entrance exams under normal category.

The student must have to complete at least minimum 4 years study in India then he is eligible for entrance exams under normal category.

I am very happy to help you i hope this information is satisfied you and all best for you.
8th October 2011, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

My parent graduated in Hyderabad. We are the resident of Hyderabad and we got a home at Hyderabad. But due to my fathers job in Saudi Arabia I studied in Saudi Arabia till 12th standard. Please let me know if I can attend EAMCET exam under normal catgory.
30th November 2011, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

my son study from 1-12 in saudia in indian embassy school so he come under nri or local
7th December 2011, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

My Daughter studied in India from 1-7 in india and then shifted to UAE studied till 12 std. Whether she falls in NRI. She is eligible under normal category?
9th December 2011, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

my parents are citizens by birth of hyderabad, india and i had studied in hyderabad till 4th std and now studying in saudi arabia for last 5 years, so to be considered as an local candidate and not an nri student - do i have to study for consequtive years from 8-12 std to be considerd as an ordinary & local student for engineering course
22nd December 2011, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

my son has studied in india till 2nd standrd from 3rd to 10th he is in kuwait,if he continues his 2in india then what will b his status?nri or he will be applicable for further exams as normal students in india?plz help.
2nd February 2012, 05:16 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

NRI is an Indian citizen who has migrated to another country, a person of Indian origin who is born outside India, or a person of Indian origin who resides permanently outside India.if you have studied 5 years including 11th and 12th in abroad then he is also called NRI student.If the Student studies till 10th in abroad and studies his 11th and 12th in India, then also he is not eligible for entrance exams under normal category.
11th February 2012, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

my daughter has studied in India till 3rd, and continued her studies till 10th in Dubai.and for 11th and 12th we plan to send her to india. Is she is eligible for entrance exams under normal category or NRI????????
plz answer is very urgent.
29th February 2012, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Should a student study for FOUR (4 ) years or FIVE (5 ) years in India including 11th n 12th to be eligible for normal category seats? Some people say FOUR years And some say FIVE years. Please clarify.
Thanks in advance.
27th September 2012, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

whos an NRI student??
i want to be in normal category but i want to study in gulf to
2nd February 2013, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

my son will going to class 9 this year 2013 after he will continue in india for 11th and 12th. his he eligible for exams under normal category?
26th March 2013, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

i studied up to 2nd std in india and left india and now i am in UAE, now i am in 9th, am i NRI student now and if i am not NRI now ,if i complete my 10th in UAE will i come under NRI category ??
7th April 2013, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

My daughter studied class ix and x in doha and will she be considered NRI category if she continues her class xi and xii in doha?
4th May 2013, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir, My daughter has studied in Kendriya Vidyalaya upto Class 9th in CBSE pattern. Then we have shifted to Oman and she had completed her Calss X in Indian Scholl in CBSE pattern. I have shifted her to Hyderabad for class XI & Class XII ( State Syllubus)

Kindly let me know whether she will be treated as an NRI student or local student?
10th May 2013, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

what is the admission procedure for a student who has studied in dubai (appeared 10th) and want to continue studies in india from this year
26th June 2013, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir, My daughter has studied in holy cross school upto Class 1 in maharastra state board pattern. Then we have shifted to Saudi Arabia and she had completed her Calss X in Indian Scholl in CBSE pattern. I want to shift her for class XI & Class XII ( State Syllubus)

Kindly let me know whether she will be treated as an NRI student or local student?

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/who-nri-student-if-student-studies-till-10th-abroad-studies-his-11th-12th-india-then-he-eligible-exams-under-normal-category-136355.html#ixzz2XJhzFxQv
24th July 2013, 02:05 AM
Unregistered

My daughter has studied in America till 10th, and we are now planning to send her back to India for 11th and 12th. Will she be considered as NRI or come under local category in Hyderabad to obtain MBBS?
19th August 2013, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

My son studied in india till 6th standard and then studied in oman till 11th std, so if we want to take an admission in India will he be considered an nri?
3rd September 2013, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

MY daughter studied till grade6 in india then upto 10th she is studying in nigeria. we are planning to put our daughter for grade 11 and 12 in india. whether she is eligible for NRI quota. poeple are tell that she has to finish grade 11 and 12 also in nigeria then only she is eligible for NRI quota.is it true
9th November 2013, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

If the Student studies till 12th (CBSE) in abroad, what is the procedure to get addmission in Engineering college in India (Private or Government)?
8th December 2013, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

I want to know who is an NRI student- A student who has studied 5 years including 11th and 12th abroad. If a student studies till 10th abroad and studies his 11th and 12th in India, then is he eligible for entrance exams under normal catageory?[/QUOTE]
29th December 2013, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

Is a student who passed 10th standard abroad fall under NRI quota or a student who passed 12th standard from abroad?
31st December 2013, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
NRI means Non-Resident Indian

NRI is an Indian citizen who has migrated to another country, a person of Indian origin who is born outside India, or a person of Indian origin who resides permanently outside India.

A student who has studied 5 years including 11th and 12th in abroad then he is also called NRI student.

If the Student studies till 10th in abroad and studies his 11th and 12th in India, then also he is not eligible for entrance exams under normal category.

The student must have to complete at least minimum 4 years study in India then he is eligible for entrance exams under normal category.

I am very happy to help you i hope this information is satisfied you and all best for you.
The student must have to complete at least minimum 4 years study in India then he is eligible for entrance exams under normal category. please inform any specific standrad or any standard (from 1st to 12th std.)
8th January 2014, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

I want to know the exact condition, for getting into normal category for EAMCET IN ENGINEERING STREAM.
Someone is telling that,after completing 10th in abroad and 11th, 12th in India then he/she will also be under normal category not the NRI.
and someone is telling 4 years including 12th should be from India so that he/she will also be under normal category not the NRI.
Please reply soon as earlier.
Thanks.
8th February 2014, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

After completing my 10 from oman.if I do my 11 & 12 from india.do I come under NRI qouta??urgent reply...
12th February 2014, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

you are not eligible for normal quota if you studied 10th or 12th in abroad(outside india).
19th February 2014, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

I AM STUDYING IN CBSE IN OMAN NOW I AM IN 9 STD NEXT I WANT TO COME TO TAMIL NADU FOR STUDYING 11 AND 12 STD
KINDLY SAY ME WHETHER I AM IN NRI QUOTA OR LOCAL
25th February 2014, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in class 12th in Jaipur India with subject pcb.My parent is an NRI so can I get admission in the medical collages in India from the NRI quota?
7th March 2014, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

can my daughter do her 11nth again in india....even thpigh she has already done her 11th std in bahrain....without being an NRI student?
7th March 2014, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

My son has studied in India from class 1 to class 7 and in Singapore from class 8th to 10th now we are planning to go back to India (Bangalore) for his further studies class 11 and class 12 engineering. will he be eligible under normal category?
31st March 2014, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is studying in her 8th std in Oman. Should a student study for FOUR (4 ) years or FIVE (5 ) years in India including 11th & 12th to be eligible for normal category seats? Some people say FOUR years And some say FIVE years. Please clarify.
Thanks in advance.
6th April 2014, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

My son now studying in 8th After he complete 8th std i plan join him 9th std india tamilnadu.he priviously studied in india from
Lkg to 2 nd std then jointed him in ksa.in his case which catogories come pls ans me.
23rd April 2014, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

my son giving writen exam on one indian school in oman sohar region. his marks come lower side so school decided to continue 4 th std. b'se of low performance of my son so can i accept or sent back to india.
28th April 2014, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

I am work in in Saudi Arabia and would like to admit my son in an Indian Boarding School. The school is treating me as an NRI and charging the NRI Fee structure which is more than double and the facilities provided will be same to an Indian student. Why can't they treat me as an Indian ? Kindly advise.
26th May 2014, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

if an indian student after studying in india till 10th and doing 11th and 12 th abroad qualify for NRI quota
8th June 2014, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

My son studied from nursery to 7th std in India and 8th to 10th in Doha and now planning to shift in India again for 11th & 12th then my son can be considered under normal and can write medical and engineering entrance under normal category? Please reply
7th August 2014, 10:22 AM
Unregistered

my daughter studying in india under pio since std 7th. now she is doing 12th std. Is it possible to apply under open quota for Mbbs in tamilnadu govt college.aswell if she able to get 98% in physics n chemistry n biology.plse advise.tq
31st August 2014, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

My son has studied in India from class 1 to class 7 and in Singapore from class 8th to 10th now we are planning to go back to India (Bangalore) for his further studies class 11 and class 12 engineering. will he be eligible under normal category?
4th September 2014, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you are not eligible for normal quota if you studied 10th or 12th in abroad(outside india).
If a student has appeared for Grade 10 in India and then studied Grade 11& 12 in UAE, can he/she apply in Indian Medical colleges as a normal student??
12th October 2014, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

If a candidate has studied their 9th in Dubai and plan to study 10th , 11th and 12th in India , then are they eligible for the normal qota ?
31st October 2014, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

I am studying 10th in abroad and I ,may study 11 and12 in India.Am I still an NRI
30th November 2014, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

i am working saudi arabia. my daughter is studying 5th standard in indian embassy school. some people say, students should have 6 years continuous study in india to avoid nri status, some say 4 years continuous study is enough. pls clarify the time is it 4 years or 6 years study to avoid nri status
11th December 2014, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

I have studied from 1st to 7th std in india and studied from 8th to 12th in abroad. Will I get admission on normal?
16th December 2014, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

The student must have to complete at least minimum 4 years study in India then he is eligible for entrance exams under normal category. please inform any specific standrad or any standard (from 1st to 12th std.)
30th December 2014, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

I AM STUDYING IN CBSE IN OMAN NOW I AM IN 9 STD NEXT I WANT TO COME TO TAMIL NADU FOR STUDYING 11 AND 12 STD
KINDLY SAY ME WHETHER I AM IN NRI QUOTA OR LOCAL
12th April 2015, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

I have done my 10 th from dubai and 11 and 12th from india but my father is still in dubai will i be classified as nri student or not
13th April 2015, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

My Daughter has studied in India from class 1 to class 11th under CBSE board with BIO subject. due to my transfer in thailand i want to bring her in thailand. if she done her 12th from Bangkok with IB board then will she be eligible under normal category?
23rd May 2015, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

My Daughter daughter completed 12th Science in CBSE Delhi board in Africa, now we are planing to send INDIA for further study, she will get admission under normal category or NRI
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?