27th December 2013, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

What to do MCA or M.Sc IT? Difference between both the courses? Benefits of M.Sc IT upon MCA?

I have complete B.C.A ...Now i want to study further but i m confused what to do> M.C.A OR MSC IT? What is the main difference bitween M.C.A & MSC IT? What benifit i will get by doing MSC IT? What will my future after MSC IT and after M.C.A?

10th January 2014, 01:38 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What to do MCA or M.Sc IT? Difference between both the courses? Benefits of M.Sc IT upon MCA?

M.SC IT and MCA both are good courses and both are good courses and both are master degree courses and both are 2 years course.

So, you can choose any of the course after the BCA, But i think it is best to do MCA after the BCA. This is a best course after the BCA. It has good scope also and after that you can apply for job in many companies which are related to your field.

And there are so many companies which are related to your field and after the MCA you can apply for those companies. And there is more difference between the MCA and M.Sc IT.

M.Sc IT is a good subject and it has good scopes also. And there are so many companies which are related to this field and here are some companies in which you can apply for the job after the MCA or M.Sc IT.

BSNL
MTNL
HCL
IBM
Infosys
DELL
HP
Lenovo

And there are also many companies in private sector and there you can also apply for the job. And these are the best companies so it is best if you will get job in any of the company.

If you want to do masters then it is best to do from a best college and after that you may get job through the campus placement. And it is the best for you.

So, both are good courses and have good scopes and you can choose any of the course for your career.
11th January 2014, 06:59 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: What to do MCA or M.Sc IT? Difference between both the courses? Benefits of M.Sc IT upon MCA?

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications and M.Sc stands for Master of Science.

Both are Post Graduation related courses in the field of software but the duration of MCA course is 3 years and of MBA is 2 years.

There won't be much difference between MCA and M.Sc It because both the courses involves IT subjects but the job opportunities will be more for the candidates who have completed MCA course.

Mostly MBA in IT course are being opted by the candidates who have completed B.Tech course.

As you have completed BCA course, for you joining MCA course would be an added advantage.

In order to get admission for MCA course, each and every university will conduct separate Entrance Exam.

You can also apply for NIMCET Exam if you want to get admission for MCA course in NITs (National Institute of Technology).

To get admission for MBA course, you need to crack any of the following Entrance Exams
CAT
MAT
GMAT
XAT etc.

After completion of MCA course, there are good number of job opportunities for you in various IT companies like
TCS
Infosys
Google
Mahindra Satyam
Microsoft etc.

To apply for the Entrance Exam to join MBA course, you should have completed your Graduation with any of the stream.

But in order to join MCA course, you should have gone through Mathematics as one of the subject either in your Graduation or in your 10+2.

Have good preparation for the respective Entrance Exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
30th May 2015, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

i have completed BScIt. what should i do MScIT or MCA ?? as my interest are on Database and Networking
15th January 2017, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

What are the universities available for doing MSc in IT or MSc in CS in Delhi or near Delhi
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?