9th January 2014, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

Which is better Software job or Core job?

I completed B.tech E.C.E branch in may with 60%.actually am from telugu medium background upto intermediate.my financial background also poor so i need to do a job, but i can't chooose which is better either software or core job.so plzzz tell me which is better to get a job early and which is better opportunities in our future also.my mail id is [email protected]

12th January 2014, 12:22 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Which is better Software job or Core job?

Ofcourse core job is the best and first preference at any time. Now a days it became almost like a fashion for most of the students to just take any course in B.E/B.Tech and then finally get a software job to make sure there is some job when they come out from college, that's really not a good choice at all.

There is a reason for many Engineering categories in college and every category be it Mechanical, Civil, Electrical etc. have their own advantages and field to shine upon. It doesn't make sense at all for a student pursuing Mechanical to jump into software job for that he/she can study Computer Science itself.

It's true that software jobs are more when compared to any other field but still it doesn't mean that we won't get job at all. Yea, financial crisis is really factor to make this decision of taking up software job and it's not wrong at all but always try your best to get the core job from the campus and off-campus placement and have the software job as a backup.

If you have no other option then no wrong to take up the software job but try to be there for just 1-2 years and meanwhile start to apply for the core jobs in your field but if you feel that you can do well in the software field with programs and things like that then you can continue without any harm but that needs hard work to grasp all the knowledge of a computer engineer will have
12th January 2014, 04:24 PM
sushri_mhnty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed B.tech E.C.E branch in may with 60%.actually am from telugu medium background upto intermediate.my financial background also poor so i need to do a job, but i can't chooose which is better either software or core job.so plzzz tell me which is better to get a job early and which is better opportunities in our future also.my mail id is [email protected]
Sorry to know your problem dear but as a friend i will suggest you search for Core job and still then enter into software field so that you can fulfil you financial need and when you will get a core job in low salary plz jomp to that. I am suggesting so because you will more satisfy with core job then other and you must feel comfotable also. Sometime time and situation bound us to change our track but lifelong we feel dissatisfied. Thanks !
3rd April 2017, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

I am now pursuing btech final year ,EEE branch.I got selected in software company at campus drives.I too qualified Gate exam which is the entrance test for Mtech. Now I am not knowing which path I would choose whether software job or to do Mtech or to take coaching for government core jobs.can any one suggest which life is happy whether software or government job.
9th April 2017, 10:52 PM
EngineerSolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For getting job sooner you can choose software. Core field requires at least an internship of 6 months in ECE. Also core fields pay less than software. The work pressure will be slightly more in software jobs but if you get into good track you can earn more income with the promotion or onsite opportunities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?