17th January 2014, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

Which is required to study masters in Germany IELTS or GRE?

which one of ielts or gre is needed to get masters in Germany ?? Am confused between IELTS OR GRE for germany?

Related Questions:
  1. IELTS , German Language Test, GRE: for Masters in Germany which all exams to clear? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What's the eligibility criteria for doing MS(Mechanical engineering) from Germany? How may I get details about admission procedure and scholarship available? How much score is required in GRE and IELTS for getting scholarship?
  3. How can I do MBA in Germany? Is it compulsory to write GRE or IELTS? I'm doing B.Tech and have 65% marks till now
  4. Which exam is required to study M.E in Germany? Whta is the difference between GRE and IELTS? Is German Language required for Germany?
  5. How may I get the details like admission procedure, cut off marks, list of the colleges, scholarships etc for MS(in mechanical) course from Germany? Is it necessary to write both GRE and IELTS exam?
  6. Can I get admission in German universities through IELTS with 6.5 bands? Is GRE score is required for the same? List of the universities in Germany considering only IELTS score?
  7. What exams do I have to write among GRE,TOEFL,IELTS exams if I want to pursue masters in abroad?
  8. Do I need to write IELTS to opt for masters in Germany? Which are the universities in Germany?
  9. How to study masters education in germany?
  10. How to pursue MS in germany after finishing B.Tech with 70.40% and 6.5 score in IELTS? Procedure to apply in germany?
  11. How to study Masters in Automobile Engineering in Germany having done B.Tech in Mechanical? Which will be more beneficial for me between GRE score and Work Experience?
  12. Which exam is better between IELTS and TOFEL? Should I take GRE if I want to pursue MS in Germany? Will I get good universities and scholarships after scoring 62% in B.E?
  13. Am I eligible to do masters in Germany after scoring 5.5 IELTS score
  14. What place should I prefer for MS either US or Australia or Germany? I am pursuing my graduation(in last semester) in CS with 62% aggregate, and scored 1010 marks in GRE
  15. Which exams required to do MS in Pharma in Germany?
  16. How can I do maters in US, Australia or Germany? I'm pursuing B.Tech(computer science) last sem with aggregate of 62% marks
  17. Possible good universities in USA having 55.62% in engineering?
  18. What is the salary after passing B.Tech Food Technology?
18th January 2014, 12:35 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is required to study masters in Germany IELTS or GRE?

GRE is a test of quantitative aptitude, verbal ability and writing skills which is an essential exam which you need to give to pursue MS degrees abroad. For MS degrees abroad especially Germany, GRE is a must. Even subject GRE scores are also asked by certain German universities. So you must appear for the GRE test.

IELTS is an exam which is alternative to TEOFL in order to test English as a foreign language. This is also an important exam for study abroad. Most of the universities either take into account TOEFL or IELTS scores during admission procedure. Hence you can either appear for TOEFL or IELTS along with GRE to pursue Masters in Germany. SOme German Universities also ask for proficiency in German Language and may conduct a test to judge your capability in German.

Pattern of IELTS exam :-
Section/Module Section/Questions Duration
Listening 4 Section / 40 Questions 30 minutes
Academic Reading 3 Section / 40 Questions 60 minutes
Academic Writing 2 Tasks(150-250 words) 60 minutes
speaking 11 – 14 minutes
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?