17th January 2014, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

Information about GATE and TOEFL to study Abroad?

Actually am confused what to do after my b tech .... can u give me some idea about gate and toefl??? Am interested to go abroad?

18th January 2014, 12:18 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Information about GATE and TOEFL to study Abroad?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering which is conducted on all-India basis for admission of students in Masters programme in the top institutes of India like IITs, NITs and many other government institutes. Through this exam you can also get employment opportunity in various public sector units of the nation. However you will not get the opportunity to study abroad on the basis of the scores obtained in this exam.

TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language. It is a test conducted internationally to judge the english of the candidates who are going to pursue courses in english spoken countries like UK, USA, Canada, Germany, Australia. Various universities consider the TOEFL scores during admission process since it is necessary for the candidate to have good grasp in English to stay in those countries. Hence this test is conducted. It is an important test if you are aspiring for studies abroad.

Since you are interested to study abroad, so you need to give two exams after completion of your B.Tech exam. The two exams are GRE or Graduate Record Examination and TOEFL. It is on the basis of the scores of these exams secured by the candidates, the universities take admission. SO start your preparation for GRE and TOEFL exam which involves subject knowledge as well as aptitude, verbal reasoning,writing skills and english ability.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?