17th January 2014, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

Minimum score required in GRE and TOEFL to get seat in best university? Financial support required?

Sir,
I am studying B.Tech in EEE branch.i want to do MS after my B.tech.so I want to write GRE Toefl. What is the minimum best score(in GRE,TOEFL) to get a seat in a best university and to get a good scholarship???..
Suppose if I get a seat through GRE toefl ,then how much minimum financial support I have to take to settle there(initially how much amount I have to take to go abroad)?? If my family cannot bear that much money then how can I get financial support??
sir please provide detailed information regarding this...i would be greatful to you even if you provide more info than this

Related Questions:
  1. Required score in GRE and TOEFL to get admission in University of California? Required scores in these Exams to get admission in other top universities?
  2. Score required in GRE and TOEFL to get full scholarship?
  3. Eligibility, percentage required, GRE and TOEFL scores, amount and scholarship for MS in Canada? -- [New]
  4. Required score in GRE or TOEFL for getting admission to MS in better university in US or UK?
  5. How much score is required in GRE and TOEFL to get admission for MS in electronics and telecommunication USA
  6. Minimum percentage required in B.Tech to do MS in abroad to write GRE exam?
  7. What's the requirement for going USA for doing engineering?
  8. What is the procedure to do masters in abroad after doing B.E Computers?
  9. Are Both GRE and TOEFL score required for admission in MS program in USA?
  10. To pursue Ph.D program in USA is TOEFL and GRE score required? Which are the online coaching institutes for this course?
  11. What is the procedure to apply for MS in US after completing B.E?
  12. Is it necessary to write both GRE and TOEFL to do MS in UK? Best universities to do MS in Chemical Engineering? How much GRE score is required?
  13. Eligibility criteria to do MS Instrumentation in US? Marks required to be scored in GATE, GRE and TOEFL? Minimum percentage required in B.E? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Is TOEFL and GRE both required for doing MS in USA?
  15. Information and requirements to do MS in Germany?
  16. What can I do to take summer scholarship at Mechanical Production Department at European Country or at America?
  17. Minimum marks required in GRE and TOEFL to get in average universities for MS in Civil Engineering in USA
  18. Minimum marks required in GRE and TOEFL exam?
19th January 2014, 11:58 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum score required in GRE and TOEFL to get seat in best university? Financial support required?

It is good to see that you are aiming high. MS degree after B.Tech will definitely be a milestone in your life and will open up many opportunities before you for your bright future. GRE and TOEFL are the entrance exams which you need to give to get admission in the best universities of the world and pursue MS degree course.
In order to get admission in the best university, you need to keep the minimum marks as follows in GRE and TOEFL exams.

GRE :-
Quantitative Aptitude :- 160
Verbal Ability :- 160
Writing Skills :- 4.5

TOEFL:-
Minimum Score required :- 100

Inorder to get scholarship, you need hold excellent academic record or outstanding talent in the concerned university where you are taking admission.
Minimum financial support depends on the state and university where you are taking admission. Generally college fees range from 6000-7500$ in USA and 600-1000 Euros in Europe per semester. Living Cost will vary between 350-500 Euros.
If your family cannot bear the educational cost, you can take a loan maximum upto 20 lakhs for study abroad from any nationalized banks of India. You can also work for 20 hours per week in the university for your financial support.
20th January 2014, 12:01 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum score required in GRE and TOEFL to get seat in best university? Financial support required?

It is good to see that you are aiming high. MS degree after B.Tech will definitely be a milestone in your life and will open up many opportunities before you for your bright future. GRE and TOEFL are the entrance exams which you need to give to get admission in the best universities of the world and pursue MS degree course.
In order to get admission in the best university, you need to keep the minimum marks as follows in GRE and TOEFL exams.

GRE :-
Quantitative Aptitude :- 160
Verbal Ability :- 160
Writing Skills :- 4.5

TOEFL:-
Minimum Score required :- 100

Inorder to get scholarship, you need hold excellent academic record or outstanding talent in the concerned university where you are taking admission.
Minimum financial support depends on the state and university where you are taking admission. Generally college fees range from 6000-7500$ in USA and 600-1000 Euros in Europe per semester. Living Cost will vary between 350-500 Euros.
If your family cannot bear the educational cost, you can take a loan maximum upto 20 lakhs for study abroad from any nationalized banks of India. You can also work for 20 hours per week in the university for your financial support.
14th December 2014, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

I have 10 years if IT experience in Microsoft Technolgies.Completed BTECH(Mechanical) in 2002 and wanted to do MSIT in US.I need financial aid for my survival in US.Can you please let me know the process?
15th September 2015, 10:37 PM
haripriya1993
Member+

Hi,

To get top universities through GRE you will be in need of 320 and above score out of 340. with this score you can enter into top universities like

* MIT
* Harvard
* Stanford
* University of Texas

For TOEFL you will be in need of 100 and above out of 120
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?