19th January 2014, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

More than 28 years old is eligible for NET JRF?

Hii everyone....I am 28 years and 4 months, can anybody tell me whether I am still eligible for December NET Examination for JRF????whether 28th year is inclusive for JRF??

23rd January 2014, 08:18 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: More than 28 years old is eligible for NET JRF?

Yeah sure, you are eligible to apply for NET Examination. Let see the eligibility criteria and age limits of NET Examination.

NET i.e National Eligibility Test is conducted by University Grants Commission twice in a year. NET Examination will be held in the month of December and June in a calendar. Basic Qualification is post graduation to apply for NET Examination.

Eligibility for NET Exam :- You must have passed post graduate degree in any discipline of a recognized Institute or equivalent qualification and must secure at least 55% Marks for General and OBC candidates and 50% Marks for SC/ST candidates. While studying in the final year of post graduation may also eligible to apply for NET Examination. Even Post graduate in diploma may also eligible.

JRF Age limits :- Not more than 28 years at the time of appearing for this examination. But relaxation is applicable for reserved categories. 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates. So if you are belongs to reserved categories than you have a chance to apply for NET JRF Examination. But if you are general candidates than you are ineligible to apply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?