11th December 2009, 12:25 PM
pawa

Details for becoming a pilot? differences in an excellent flying school and an average one?

Hi!! i want to become a pilot, though i had physics, & maths in class 12, but since i changed my subjects in the degree, my knowledge in these subjects is below average, hence would you be kind enough in telling me about the level of studies that i will have to do for attaining a spl, ppl, & cpl, respectively. and also put some light on the differences in an excellent flying school and an average one, so that i may choose a flying school that suits me and the subsidies provided if any.Thank you!!!

24th December 2009, 09:01 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Details for becoming a pilot? differences in an excellent flying school and an average one?

The minimum eligibility for aquiring CPL is you must have passed your class 12 with physics and maths as main subject with atleast 60% aggregate.

The main difference between the average and a good flying school is the quality of education or training they provide.
8th January 2010, 07:04 PM
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Details for becoming a pilot? differences in an excellent flying school and an average one?

the eligibility for acquiring CPL is YOU MUST have passed 12th physics and maths subject with atleast 60% aggregate
main differencew is made by the quality of education provided
9th January 2010, 05:20 PM
kusum singal

yes, you are eligible.
flying schools provide primary and intermediate training courses.in case of average school,there is no such practice and training.
14th January 2010, 05:43 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

To become a commercial pilot in India, one has to first possess a Student Pilot License (SPL). To get the SPL those with 10+2 with science and aged at least 16 years should register at a flying club which is recognized by Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), Government of India.

The second step is the Private Pilot License (PPL). PPL training includes sixty hours of flying of which about fifteen hours are dual flights, that is accompanied by the flight instructor and at least 30 hours of solo flights apart from five hours of cross-country flying. This makes one eligible for the PPL exam, which consists of Air Regulation, Aviation Meteorology, Air Navigation, Aircraft Engines and Seamanship. The prescribed age for appearing for this exam is 17 years and an educational qualification of 10+2 along with a medical Fitness Certificate issued by the Armed Forces Central Medical Establishment (AFCME).

best of luck
6th February 2010, 11:30 PM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

There is good career in this field and if you want to become a pilot and need imformaton regarding pilot training visit here: http://www.airlinepilottraining.com/info_online.php
13th February 2010, 10:32 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

to become a commercial pilot in India, one has to first possess a Student Pilot License (SPL). To get the SPL those with 10+2 with science and aged at least 16 years should register at a flying club which is recognized by Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), Government of India.
14th February 2010, 09:55 PM
thakurbaba307

apart from what rahul k has stated you can also apply in some flying school run by government like in rai bareli.....a good flying school has a better infrastructure and a wide array of planes to get trained while an average school manages with obsolete limited planes. also, the safety arrangements and instructors are good at a good school.
15th May 2010, 10:17 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

for the details regarding the procedure to become a pilot please visit
http://www.taaviation.com/Procedure.aspx
11th June 2010, 03:51 PM
sri ram

i had completed my +2 with 85% i am interested to become pilot plz tell me what i had to do next
14th June 2010, 02:09 AM
varunsingh753

to become a commercial pilot in India, one has to first possess a Student Pilot License (SPL). To get the SPL those with 10+2 with science and aged at least 16 years should register at a flying club which is recognized by Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), Government of India.
15th June 2010, 04:40 PM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

Choice of career is yours. Sometimes one should go by the market .you see where your interest goes, ethnicity or managerial.
There is a lot of disciplines in after 12th.among them is pilot.
in india,there are over 100 training schools.
12th December 2010, 01:12 AM
Unregistered

whats the enterance exam i hv 2 gv 2 becoming a pilot in free of coast?
13th December 2010, 10:04 AM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

the only difference is that quality of education the they provide and also the training they provide.....
u should have 60% of marks in 12th wid physics and maths as compulsory subjects
13th December 2010, 09:24 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Details for becoming a pilot? differences in an excellent flying school and an average one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
whats the enterance exam i hv 2 gv 2 becoming a pilot in free of coast?
hello friend

every year the Indian Air Force will conduct an exam by which you can do at minimum cost not free of cost

so be updated with all the notifications

all the best

~aditya~
6th November 2011, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

after 2 :: mainy where shuld we give d entrance exam ::: to be a pilot :????????/
14th March 2012, 04:46 PM
kaveribiswas

To become a commercial pilot in India, one has to first possess a Student Pilot License (SPL). To get the SPL those with 10+2 with science and aged at least 16 years should register at a flying club which is recognized by Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), Government of India.

The second step is the Private Pilot License (PPL). PPL training includes sixty hours of flying of which about fifteen hours are dual flights, that is accompanied by the flight instructor and at least 30 hours of solo flights apart from five hours of cross-country flying. This makes one eligible for the PPL exam, which consists of Air Regulation, Aviation Meteorology, Air Navigation, Aircraft Engines and Seamanship.

Good luck...............
18th April 2012, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

can a student with improper vision become a pilot
11th June 2012, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

physically handecaped persons are eligible or not
3rd September 2012, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

can we join for pilot course if we dont have maths in 2?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?