23rd January 2014, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

Can I take admission in B.Tech 2nd year through lateral entry?

I have completed my diploma in automobile engineering from 'The institute of motor industry' chennai. I have secured 51% in my diploma.. Can i take addmision to b.tech in 2nd year through lateral entry...?
Please answer me..?

2nd February 2014, 05:40 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in B.Tech 2nd year through lateral entry?

Yes, you can definitely pursue B.Tech course. You can definitely take admission in B.Tech second year through lateral entry and get admission directly in the second year of B.Tech course. For this, you need to appear in the LEET exam or Lateral Entry Entrance Test conducted by Tamil Nadu technical board of education. It is on the basis of the rank secured in this entrance exam, you will get the engineering institute to pursue your B.Tech course.

You can also try for private and deemed universities which conduct their own LEET test. However the good private and deemed universities usually has a bar of 60% in diploma in their eligibility criteria which means you will be ineligible for them. But do not lose heart, you can try for other universities and give the LEET exam conducted by TN Board or Technical Education to get admission in good engineering institutes of Tamil Nadu.
27th July 2015, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

I have two year Diploma (LEET) in EC after 10 2,from HSBTE can I take admission in Btech 2nd year through LEET entry
30th July 2015, 12:00 PM
arunpcst

Thumbs up Re: Can I take admission in B.Tech 2nd year through lateral entry?

Yes, you can take lateral entry in engineering colleges if you have completed diploma degree. Most of colleges have reserve for diploma holder.so you can definitely apply to take lateral entry in engineering colleges.
28th September 2015, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

Can i take admission in delhi 2nd year in b tech for civil after completion 1st year in chennai.
20th June 2016, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I take admission in B.Tech 2nd year through lateral entry back in subject
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?