27th January 2014, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a seat in IIT after finishing diploma in Tool Die

can i get seat in iit after finishishing my diploma in tool die and mould making .............what is the procedure my course is a diploma course..I am diploma student at government college CITD

10th August 2015, 09:43 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a seat in IIT after finishing diploma in Tool Die

No, you are not eligible to get the admission in the IIT for the B.tech course being a diploma candidates.

To get the admission in the IIT candidates need to qualify in the JEE Advance examination which is the second stage of the JEE examination. But if you are interested in pursuing the B.tech from government colleges other than the IIT then you can appear through the LEET examination.

LEET stands for the Lateral Entry Entrance Test confuted by the various state board and the private institutions for the admission of the diploma candidates in the 2nd year of the B.tech. So you can appear for these examination or for the JEE Mains.

The eligibility to appear for the LEET examination is candidates must have passed the diploma from the recognised university with the aggregate as according to the requirement by different institutions.
22nd September 2016, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

How to join engineering after doing 4 years diploma in tool and die?
30th June 2023, 08:51 PM
nikhilprecision1
Banned

No, you cannot directly get admission to an undergraduate program at the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) after completing a diploma in Tool and Die Engineering.

The IITs offer undergraduate programs, specifically the Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) degree, to students who have completed their 10+2 education or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as core subjects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?