28th January 2014, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

UGDM and PGDM programme of 3 years of IIPM is equal to MBA? Whether the salary will be same as MBA or PGDM?

Hi,
Iam sohail.
I completed my 12th and joined IIPM for a integrated ugdm pgdm programme of 3years.
I will be doing my major in HR.

So my question is,
Will I be considered as important as an MBA ?
Will the same job pay the same money for MBA and PGDM ?
After completing my programme will I be able to work in usa?

5th March 2014, 07:26 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: UGDM and PGDM programme of 3 years of IIPM is equal to MBA? Whether the salary will be same as MBA or PGDM?

I.I.P.M -- Indian Institute of Planning Management

If you have completed your PGDM Post graduate diploma course from AICTE UGC recognized university then it is equivalent to MBA(Masters in Business Administration).As IIPM is a recognized university and that to top Business school,so you no need to worry.The course which you did your PGDM will be equivalent to the Masters degree of Business Administration.Generally PGDM programs granted by the institutions/universities recognized by AICTE Government of India through Ministry of HRD.AICTE is All India Council for Technical Education.

Where as MBA(Master of Business Administration) is an university program which is affiliates to the technical universities.PGDM is basically studied keeping in mind of future various projection made by the industries and the skills to be used in the Companies.PGDM is mainly focused on the Industry needed.So I think PGDM is most preferable over MBA Degree.

Soon after completion of your PGDM course you may find good number of jobs in both Public as well as private sector units.In PGDM,you may experience the real case studies in their curicculum,some of them may go for the Live training in the Industry.Most of the top institutions such as XLRI,IIM’s,IMT,MDI and more generally provides this PGDM courses.So you no need to worry about it.””PGDM & MBA both are equivalent if the degrees are from the proper affiliations and Approlvals””.So do not think that MBS is a degree and the PGDM Course is a diploma program.There is nothing like if you have those from the recognized universities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?