28th January 2014, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

Universities offering PhD in Maths through regular or distance mode? Procedure involved in doing PhD?

sir i completed Msc maths with 80% marks from osmania university hyderabad in distance mode. im from hyderabad a wants to pursue phd in maths in regular mode or distance mode. please give me the complete information about the universites which offer phd for the same. i want to know the procedure involved in doing phd

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to do Ph.D in Chemistry in distance? List of universities offering courses in distance mode?
  2. UGC recognized universities for PhD in English in New Delhi through distance or regular mode
  3. Good Universities to do PhD in English?
  4. List of the universities offering Ph.D in Hindi through distance learning
  5. Procedure to get admission in Ph.D? List of universities offering PhD in tourism?
  6. Information about MSc Chemistry entrance exam? How to get admission in Sir Parshurambhau College, Garware College Pune, Fergusson College of Pune and Modern College Pune?
  7. Which are the universities offering Ph.D in Sanskrit? Universities offering Ph.D without entrance?
  8. Universities/institutions offering PhD in chemistry? Entrance Exams for admission in PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How may I do Ph.D in Maths through correspondence? I've done B.Sc(Maths) and M.Sc(Maths)
  10. Universities offering M.Ed in Distance Mode?
  11. Are there any distance mode or regular mode universities which offering BSc without having intermediate with MPC stream?
  12. What kind of stipend can I expect from the universities offering Ph.D in Abroad? Procedure to take admission?
  13. What is the admission procedure to pursue Ph.D? Universities offering Ph.D?
  14. What is the eligiblity to join Distance Mode BE course? List some universities offering DMBE?
  15. Can i do PhD in IT after completing MCA through distance learning or do I need to do pursue M.Phil or M.Tech first?
  16. Pursuing PhD along with correspondence M.Phil?
  17. List of Universities offering Ph.D in Management in Distance Learning? What is the required eligibility criteria for this? How much is the fees to join this course?
  18. How can I do my Ph.D through correspondence? What's the applying procedure for the same?
5th October 2016, 06:19 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Universities offering PhD in Maths through regular or distance mode? Procedure involved in doing PhD?

List of Universities offering Ph.D in Mathematics in India:-

>> Indian Institute of Technologies (IIT Kharagpur)
Address: Kharagpur, West Bengal 721302
Phone: 03222 255 221

>> Indian Institute of Science (IISc)
Ph. No: 080 2293 2004
Address: C V Raman Ave, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560012

>> Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)
Ph. No: 011 2674 2575
Address: New Mehrauli Road, Munirka, New Delhi, Delhi 110067

>> Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata (ISI)
Ph. No: 033 2575 2001
Address: No. 203, Barrackpore Trunk Road, Kolkata, West Bengal 700108

>> Hyderabad Central University (HCU)
Ph. No: 040 2313 0000
Address: C. R., Prof CR Rao Rd, CUC, Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana 500046

>> Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI)
Ph. No: 044 6748 0900
Address: H1, SIPCOT IT Park, Siruseri, Kelambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 603103

>> Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)
Ph. No: 022 2278 2000
Address: Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Navy Nagar, Near Navy Canteen, Mandir Marg, Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400005

To do Ph.D in Mathematics, candidates must have completed their Masters degree in the same. After that they must have to qualify in the UGC NET examination.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed Master's Degree course from a recognised University with 55% of marks.
Once qualified successfully in the above entrance examination, candidates can take admission to study Ph.D in the respective field.
14th November 2022, 10:55 AM
Mythreyi1990

Default Re: Universities offering PhD in Maths through regular or distance mode? Procedure involved in doing PhD?

list of universities

Tata institute of fundamental research

Chennai mathematical institute

Indian statistical university

Hyderabad central university

Jawaharlal Nehru university

Indian institute of science

Indian institute of technology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?