1st February 2014, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

Which board is better to be an Engineer CBSE or ISC?

I am doing 10th from icse but i want to know that which one is better cbse/isc for engineering. which one will be more useful for me in higher studies

6th February 2014, 09:40 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Which board is better to be an Engineer CBSE or ISC?

To become an Engineer both the CBSE or ISC board weighs the same and there is no added benefit between them.

There are added benefits to ISC board than CBSE if you are going to apply for colleges outside India meaning the Indian School Certificate (ISC) (XII) is accepted in most of the UK Universities wherein CBSE is not accepted.

ISC also gives the freedom to select various subjects from Fashion Design to Biology to Political Science which actually doesn't make much of sense if you are going to choose Engineering as the course in future.

So, if the above advantages of ISC concerns you then you can think about taking up the ISC board but if you feel that doesn't actually matter then go for CBSE board.

To know more on CBSE board visit - http://cbse.nic.in/

To know more on ISC board visit - http://www.cisce.org/
12th February 2014, 09:22 AM
Sowmya449

Default Re: Which board is better to be an Engineer CBSE or ISC?

CBSE and ISC boards are the same and there is no added benefit between them.
There are added benefits to ISC board than CBSE if you are going to apply for colleges outside India meaning the Indian School Certificate (ISC) (XII) is accepted in most of the UK Universities wherein CBSE is not accepted.
ISC also gives the freedom to select various subjects from Fashion Design to Biology to Political Science which actually doesn't make much of sense if you are going to choose Engg as the course in future..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?