1st February 2014, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

In which college of Bengal I can get honours in Biochemistry/Microbiology?

i have got following marks in cbse 12 board exam:
maths-61
physics-75
chemistry-72
biology-82
english-73
in which colleges of west bengal can i get honours in biochemistry/microbiology?what are the eligibility,cut off marks and other courses offered?are their any admission tests or direct admission?what are the fee structures?

Related Questions:
  1. Names of colleges providing MSc Geology Course in Delhi?
  2. In which college of Bengal I can get honours in Biochemistry/Microbiology? -- [New]
  3. List of top colleges offering economics honours in west bengal? Is maulana azad considered as a good college?
  4. What course should I do for my PG? I am a studernt of Final year B.Sc in Microbiology Honours from North Bengal University, Siliguri
  5. How to take admission for MCA after passing BCA? Best colleges in Kolkata that I can get without appearing for the entrance exam?
  6. Am I eligible for SBI bank PO exam after scoring 51% in graduation and 65% in PG?
  7. Percentage required to be eligible for Statistics honours? College under DU?
  8. Am I eligible for Psychology honours in Bethune or Gokhale or Lady Brabourne college? Percentage of marks required in HS?
  9. Does B.Sc honours have more scope than plain B.Sc? In which stream to do honours?
  10. List of top 3 colleges in Kolkata for BSc in Microbiology?
  11. How to get into research side with MSc Physics?
  12. Details of the colleges providing education in BSc Economics in India?
  13. Eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for B.Ed. in West Bengal? List of colleges in West Bengal for B.Ed. course? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Is Maths compulsory for Economic honours? Admission in honours are now based upon entrance?
  15. Courses offered in BBA and MBA? Top colleges for BBA and MBA in India?
  16. What does honors mean in B.Sc.(hons)? Difference between Degree and Honors?
  17. What is Hons. degree? Procedure to get it?
  18. Which course should I prefer BBA (economics honours) or B.COM (economics honours)?
22nd February 2014, 04:55 PM
naveen1221

Default Re: In which college of Bengal I can get honours in Biochemistry/Microbiology?

Hello Friend !!

You have scored good marks in the Intermediate course.

Since you are interested in Biochemistry/Microbiology fields, you can take B.Sc in Biochemistry or Microbiology.

Top Colleges in West Bengal are :

Presidency University, Kolkata (West Bengal)
86/1 College Street , Kolkata (Kolkata Dist.) - 700073

Vivekananda College, Kolkata (West Bengal)
269, Diamond Harbour Road, Thakurpukur , Kolkata (Kolkata Dist.) - 700063

Oriental Institute of Science and Technology, Midnapore (West Bengal)
VIH Campus, Rangamati , Midnapore (West Midnapore (Paschim) Dist.) - 721102

Galaxy Concepts private Limited, Kolkata (West Bengal)
6/1, Roy Bahadur Road, Behala , Kolkata (Kolkata Dist.) - 700034

University of Calcutta, Kolkata (West Bengal)
Senate House, 87 /1 College Street , Kolkata (Kolkata Dist.) - 700073

University of Kalyani, Nadia (West Bengal)
PO Kalyani , Nadia (Nadia Dist.) - 741235

Gurudas College - Kolkata, West Bengal

Admission Procedure :

Most of the colleges will give admission without any entrance examination.

But some Top Universities conducts an entrance Examination at the college level just to short list the candidates.

Since you have good academics you can easily get the admission.

Eligibility Criteria:

You should be completed 10+2 in science streams with Biology, Chemistry and Maths as compulsory subjects.

You should have a minimum of 65% and above in 10+2 to get admission into Bachelors Degree in Biochemistry or Microbiology.

Higher Studies After Graduation :

M.Sc. (Applied Microbiology)

M.Sc. (Hons.) (Microbiology)

M.Sc. (Microbial Genetics and Bioinformatics)

M.Sc. (Microbiology)

Ph.D. (Microbiology)

Diploma Courses in Microbiology

Advance Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Microbiology

Job Prospects after Graduation :-

Medical Microbiologists

Public Health Microbiologist

Bacteriologists

Agricultural Microbiologist

Industrial Microbiologists

Marine Microbiologists

Environmental Microbiologists

Food Microbiologists

Mycologists

Immunologists

Parasitologist

Biochemist

Teachers

General Microbiologists

Good Luck !!
26th May 2015, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: In which college of Bengal I can get honours in Biochemistry/Microbiology?

Sir i am having 70% marks in biology but got compart in maths....so can i gofor bbiochemistry honors..?
8th September 2015, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

I am studying in HS(10 2) with the subjects Chemistry, biology, Environmental Studies, and nutrition. Can I get admission in Honours degree in Biochemistry in West Bengal colleges?
1st November 2015, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

I am an student of West Bengal board. I have got-
English -85
Bengali -82
Math-90
Chemistry -90
Biology -92
Physics -90
In which colleges of West Bengal lol can take admission for honors in biochemistry ?what are the eligibility ,cut of marks? are there any admission or direct admission? Structure of fees?
16th March 2016, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

I have the combination in h.s. is physics chemistry biology and computer application. So can i get honurse on biochemistry in kolkata??
15th October 2017, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

I'm studying in school and about to give HS. I have a subject combination of chemistry, biology, computer applications and nutrition. Can I get admission in any government college with this subject combination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?