1st February 2014, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

B.Tech Nanotechnology holder can write IITJAM for M.Sc?

Hi everyone,
I am doing b.tech in nanotechnology. Am i eligible to write iit-jam exam?
MSc through IIt-JAM after btech in nanotechnology.
regards.,
Raghu

12th February 2014, 10:52 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: B.Tech Nanotechnology holder can write IITJAM for M.Sc?

IIT JAM exam is conducted for getting admission in to the Indian Institute of Technologies.So IIT’s generally gives the better placement opportunities after your qualifying examination.This IIT JAM exam is basically conducted for giving admission in to the M.SC Course.So the various Indian Institute of Technologies are IIT Kanpur,IIT Roorkee,IIT Madras,IIT Kharagpur,IIT Guwahati,IIT Bomaby,IIT Delhi.So for this to be eligible for giving the entrance examinations,you must have secured a minimum of Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.

The Bachelor Degree with the subjects such as Physics ,Chemistry,and Mathematics and Biological science and various streams are allowed .So if you have obtained the course with the any one of the above subject then surely you can apply for the examination.The minimum percentage you must have attained is only 55% in your Academics for General/OBC candidates.If in the case of SC/ST categories the minimum percentage you must have attained is 50% marks only in the qualifying examination only.

Those candidates with the letter grades or some CGPA Systems,then it is equivalence of the percentage of marks will be decided by the Institutes in which you get admission.While at the time of registration,you may have to undergo a physical fitness test which is conducted by the Medical Board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?