7th February 2014, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Can PGDM IT pass apply for PhD Computer Science?

Hi.. I am roshan jha from raipur, doing B.B.A. After B.B.A i am thinking for pgdm.. So, after pgdm IT can i am able for phd CS.. Pls reply..

11th February 2014, 09:09 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can PGDM IT pass apply for PhD Computer Science?

Yeah , you can apply for the Ph.D Course after you successful completion of your PGDM course only if it is recognized by the AICTE.PGDM is postgraduate diploma is generally equivalent to the MBA which is of the Post Graduation course.But remember it should be done from the AICTE recognized university.Generally they are acceptable from the colleges like Indian Institute of Management,IRMA and more.

If you have done your PGDM course from an AICTE or University Grants Commission approved college you can absolutely apply for it.Generally different universities have different eligibility criteria for getting admission in to the Ph.D Program.If it is from the IGNOU,then you must have completed a M.Phil Degree as well as a Postgraduate Degree in the same relevant disciplines.You must have secured a minimum of 55% in your Academics to be eligible.

For the masters degree the minimum percentage you must have attained is 50% in academics.So PGDM courses are eligible to Ph.D course only if you complete the Post Graduate Diploma course from the University Grants Commission or else the All Indian Council of Technical education.You are only eligible if you meet the eligibility criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?