7th February 2014, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

Difference between JRF and with SRF? Is it required to do PhD?

Hello friends,
Actually im an M.Tech student from an university of Andhrapradesh. i want to know what is the job role of JRF/SRF? is it required to do PhD or just like an internship of a company. i actually dont know anything about this. i want to do phd from university of hyderabad. can anyone help me out from this point so that i can apply for jrf /srf and then to phd.

thanks in advance

22nd February 2014, 06:56 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Difference between JRF and with SRF? Is it required to do PhD?

J.R.F --- Junior Research Fellow
S.R.F --- Senior Research Fellow

Yes,it is required to do Ph.D.Candidates with the Bachelor Degree are eligible only after getting enrolled/registers to the Ph.D or else to the Integrated Ph.D Program.This must be done only within the validity of the period of Two years.

For applying for the CSIR JRF the bachelor degree is needed,whereas for the SRF the masters degree is mandatory needed.This Senior Research Fellowship is only applied to available the opportunity of Research fellowship only after the Junior Research Fellowship.So to enhance the Senior reseach fellowship to the researches.The main difference between CSIR JRF and SRF is that only Bachelor Degree candidates can apply for the JRF,and Masters degree graduates can apply for the SRF.

In order to go for the Doctorate or Research Associate you must have to go for the SRF NET examination.Basically the selection is based on the research experience and other academic records.So you can apply for this only after MASTERS DEGREE to CSIR SRF.Under any circumstance you can not apply for this before that.On completion of the Two years as the JRF,the fellow must be registered for the Ph.D.So that the Fellowship will be upgraded to the SRF(Senior Research Fellow.Automatically the Stipend will increase from the Rs.16,000 to Rs.18,000/-.

The maximum age for applying JRF is 28 years,where as the upper age limit for SRF is 32 years.The selection for SRF will be based on the Interview and academic record,Project work tested by the Discipline wise high level expert committees.The age relaxation will be given for the reserved candidates in any case either JRF or SRF.The total tenure of the JRF & SRF will not exceed the five years.
12th September 2014, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

Hi i'm nikhil from hyderabad i have completed my M.sc biotechnology in bangalore university june-2014 and and i have been selected as JRF without qualification of NET in St.JHon research institute bangalore for a 3 years project work and i don't want to do Ph.d and i want a job in private sectors can i get a job after SRF without Ph.d thank u
10th February 2015, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

I am an mtech student IN 2ND sem..Should i appear in csir jrf to pursue phd somewhere from iit or other reputed institution after completion of mtech.Is there any benifit in qualifying the csir jrf for me?
27th February 2015, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

can an m.e. (master of engineering) student appear for CSIR JRF NET exam. and how JRF is beneficial to an M.E. student or M.E. completed student
14th July 2015, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

Hii,
I know what is difference between icar net, Icar jrf net, icar srf net and ARS net. For p.hd. Is there same syllabus or any difference. Please help me

Thanks
6th April 2016, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

Does JRF recruitment assure permanent absorption of the candidate. Is there any cutoff ?
13th April 2016, 03:50 AM
Unregistered

Sir I belong to obc caste and I am net qualified in punjabi. ...I scored 52 percentage in my masters degree. ......can I apply for any assistant professor job....or first of all I will have to score 55 percent....pls reply on mail I.d [email protected]. .....or any kind of teaching job in chandigarh ..
21st May 2016, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Hii My name is Makhan Singh I'm a student of Diploma in civil engg can i apply for GATE after complete of my diploma course contact me on my email ID [email protected]
7th June 2017, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

I got a call from zsi for a JRF and srf job? Should I go for it. What's the career scope after I complete it. It's a temporary job.
Will it be equal to PhD ? After completing it, can I get a lecturer or assistant professor job from any university?
19th August 2017, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

Is JRF and SRF a job with a decided salary or just for the experience as Research fellow. How to get a job in this field as researcher.
Thanks in advance.
13th July 2019, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I have completed my M.Tech degree and I am going to apply for CSIR SRF. Must I be a registered PhD candidate before applying to SRF?
29th August 2020, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

Can we apply for ayush net srf directly after md ayurveda
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?