29th April 2011, 12:14 PM
rahul437

How to get into IIM after scoring low marks in 12th?

Hello friends,

I've started hating my self, I got just 64% in 12th (82% in 10th) and 74% in BE ( 3.5 GPA).I am working in LnT (10 months exp). I am not able to prepare for CAT due to my low marks in 12th. I envisaged that IIM wud be just a dream for me. There is a family reason for my low percentage in 12th but I know no one will listen to me.
Please help me out. Please give me some source where i can find guys who got addmission in past two years, with low percentage in 12th.

23rd March 2012, 02:13 AM
venkatragha1

Default Re: How to get into IIM after scoring low marks in 12th?

hello dear,
For getting into IIMS you need:
1.a minimum of 50% aggregate in qualifying exam of bachelors degree or equivalent CGPA for OC
2.a minimum of 45% aggregate in qualifying exam of bachelor's degree or equivalent CGPA for SC/ST
SO ALL THE BEST!!!!!
29th April 2012, 08:29 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to get into IIM after scoring low marks in 12th?

Hi

IIM - Indian Institutes of Management.

These are the top B-Schools in our country and they also rank very high in the world rankings.

Now the Basic Eligibility Criteria to study MBA from these IIM's is that you should be a minimum graduate from any recognized college or university.

You can be from any stream to take up MBA.

Now to get into the IIMs you have to clear an entrance exam which is named CAT.

CAT - Common Admission Test.

This is considered to be one of the toughest exams in India.

Once you clear this your 10th and 12th marks would be considered to get you a call from any of the IIM's.

So your first concern should be that you clear the CAT exam..

However most of the times the 12th and the 10th marks matter very less. So you have to clear the CAT exam with as much score as you can and that would determine how and which college you would get into.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
21st May 2012, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

After doing B.Tech through U.P Tech can i will be able to do I.I.M?
21st May 2013, 07:20 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul437 View Post
Hello friends,

I've started hating my self, I got just 64% in 12th (82% in 10th) and 74% in BE ( 3.5 GPA).I am working in LnT (10 months exp). I am not able to prepare for CAT due to my low marks in 12th. I envisaged that IIM wud be just a dream for me. There is a family reason for my low percentage in 12th but I know no one will listen to me.
Please help me out. Please give me some source where i can find guys who got addmission in past two years, with low percentage in 12th.
HI!
I am happy to inform you that after passing B.E with 74% marks you you are eligible for C.A.T exam.

C.A.T exam is conducted by Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.

There is no age limit for C.A.T exam.
For more detail log on to http://www.catiim.in/

GOOD LUCK!
19th June 2013, 03:17 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

for getting admission in to IIMs you need to have crack CAT with atleast 98+ percentile
Once you have got such good percentile. you would get call from various IIMs for GD and PI

CAT exam just an entrance barrier, there are various components in final selection such as

10th marks
12th marks
graduation marks
CAT Score
Work ex
GD
PI
Extra Curricular

Some points are assigned to each components.

Since you have low marks in 12th, make sure you do well in other components to get maximum marks or point assigned to that component and thus increasing your chance of getting selected.

All the best
15th October 2015, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

Should I continue with my Bachelors of Vocation (Software Development) degree?
7th February 2016, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

I have certain queries relating MBA
I have scored Just 54.67% in B.Com Hons. from Calcutta University and I have scored 77.67% and 73.8% in my 10th and 12th respectively.
Moreover I have cracked both the groups of CA-IPCC with a work experience of one and half year in a mediocre CA firm.
1.Will I be eligible to get admission in the IIM's or other Top B-Schools if I am able to do well in CAT?
2.What is the Cut-off for IIM Ahmedabad
3.Can I get ranking of TopB-schools

Please help.
9th February 2016, 12:30 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Information Regarding Admission in IIM.

Nice to see your interest in higher study. Education is very necessary for human life. IIM stand for Indian Institute of Management the best B-school of country.

To take admission in the IIM you need to clear CAT (Common Admission Test) examination. To appear in the CAT entrance examination you should be minimum graduate in any stream from any recognise University. As you are a graduate candidates then you are eligible for CAT examination. No other mode to get into IIM.

So, i advise you to prepare well for the CAT entrance examination. You need a good score in CAT examination to get into IIM. Hope my suggestion will help you.
19th May 2018, 10:11 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I'm khushboo I have got 52% in 10th and 55% in 12th can i get a chance to admission in IIMC with these grade ???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?