9th February 2014, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

Which exam should I write to join defence?

Im Nisha Im dng my Bca 2nd year, Im interested to join in defence
what exam i should write. Can i get a job in defence?
D/OF/B is 27/04/1995, ill complete my bca in 2015.
Really im very much interested in defence.
Plz help me sir...
Thank u

9th February 2014, 06:16 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which exam should I write to join defence?

Nice to see that you are showing to join defence examination and i am appreciate that but you have less no.of chances compare to the boy. After completing your degree you are eligible to apply for Defence Examination. You can apply for Defence Examination in various way like SSC, OTA Exam, NCC Entry, AFCAT Examination.

OTA Examination which is conducted by UPSC couple of times in a year and it is called as CDS I and CDS II. To apply for this examination you should be qualified degree holder from a reputed Institution and no percentage bar required to apply for CDS Examination. Both the male and female candidates are eligible to apply for this examination. Even studying in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for OTA Examination. OTA Written Exam will be objective type question and it will be based on the General Knowledge and English.

NCC Special Entry Recruitment for NCC candidates which is conducted by Indian Army twice in a year. Applicant must be complete degree course with 50% Marks in their graduation and no relaxation is applicable for reserved categories. While pursing in the final year of course may also eligible but you have at least 50% Marks in last two year of degree course. No backlogs while appearing for this examination. The exam notification will be available in the official website of Indian Army.
9th February 2014, 08:54 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

As you are pursuing 2nd year of BCA course, you are eligible to make entry into Defence services soon after the completion of your BCA course.

For this you have to crack CDS (Combined Defence Services) Exam.

The complete selection procedure would involve
CDS Exam
Interview

This is the common written exam for the candidates to be placed in various defence services like
Indian Military Academy
Indian Naval Academy
Air Force Academy
Officers Training Academy

To apply for IMA, you should have completed your Graduation with any of the stream.

Even to apply for IMA and AFA also, you should have completed your Graduation with any of the stream. But in the 12th class, the candidates should have gone through Mathematics and Physics subjects.

For to apply for OTA also, candidates who have completed Graduation from any stream are eligible.

Here is the age limit to apply for this Exam,

For IMA : 19-24 years
For INA : 19-22 years
For AFA : 19-23 years
For OTA : 19-25 years

Check yourself with the above mentioned criteria and opt for the respective defence service through CDS Exam.

Wish you all the best.
9th February 2014, 09:02 PM
thakurshilpa

Yes you can join...age limite is 18-20 minimum for joining defence ...with your studies you will doing pepration of upsc(union public servises commission) entrance exams.
18th May 2015, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

hi sir my name is surya prakash and i am in 3rd year in chemical engineering. i have to join ima there is any simple procedure for apply?..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?