29th April 2011, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Will the 2 years of backlog affect my chances for getting a good job?

i had a 2years of backlogs after my 10th...then i completed my diploma in computer engineering and now i am undergoing btech in the same...my question is when i will sit for an interview will these two years of backlogs affect me in getting good jobs?? plz suggest me

Related Questions:
  1. Will my backlog affect my chances at WBCS exams? -- [New]
  2. Having backlog in semester will affect job placement? Will it affect salary also?
  3. Whether gap of 5 years between 10th and 12th will affect my job chances or not?
  4. Will I get a good job if I have 1 backlog during my 3rd year of B.E Civil?
  5. How to get a job after completing Electronics and Communication Engineering? Minimum marks required to get a job? How does a backlog paper affect the chances of getting a job?
  6. Will a 4 year Gap affect my chances of getting a good job?
  7. If I get a backlog after getting placed then does it affect my job placement?
  8. Will a backlog in first year affect my chances during placements? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Will I get admission into best colleges after BMM with various backlog history?
  10. Will there be a problem if I have backlogs in 5th semester to do higher studies in future?
  11. Would my CSE degree affect my chances for a job after doing MS? Is it a good step to do MS from US after doing CSE from a bad college?
  12. Will 1 practical backlog affect my prospects to get admission in top US universities?
  13. Eligibility for TCS joining after holding a backlog?
  14. Whether NIOS certificate will affect my placement chances in top MNCs or not?
  15. Can I get good job if completed 3 years Diploma in Packaging and Technology with a backlog?
  16. Will backlogs affect me in seeking a good job in future?
  17. Whether my backlogs will affect the admission in universities of Canada?
  18. In which field should I go after scoring around 65% in B.Tech? Can I get a good job with that percentage if I maintain 1 backlog for 4 years?
28th May 2011, 10:29 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Will the 2 years of backlog affect my chances for getting a good job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i had a 2years of backlogs after my 10th...then i completed my diploma in computer engineering and now i am undergoing btech in the same...my question is when i will sit for an interview will these two years of backlogs affect me in getting good jobs?? plz suggest me
I think it is not a big problem to clear interview of any kind of company. As you know no company will that particularly consider that two years.

You have to show your positive traits and skills than setting back with that small minor negative thing. Just show off your talents and skills in front of Interviewer.

This is all enough to overtake that problem.and improve your skills so as to cope up with different mentalities of employers.All you need to do is you should be compatible with the situation and kind of your boss.

And the common improving areas to ensure job in interview are.

->Improving communication skills
->Improving body language
->Improving Language skills
->Improving Logical Thinking
->Improving problem solving skills
->Improving Attitude and maintaining this at all times.
->Acting according to the situation
->have a strong skills set.
->Be professional in your core area.

These are the areas where one must improve to get a job in interview. Prepare well for a small interview also . This raises your confidence.

Good Luck

~AdityA~
28th May 2011, 11:06 AM
babydoll

Default Re: Will the 2 years of backlog affect my chances for getting a good job?

Hello,
well year gaps are generally doesn't affect the jobs. As you are belonging from computer science branch so, you will get jobs in any software company.
Many multinational software companies didn't mention year gaps but some of the company strict the year gap students.
So don't get worried about the placement because if you will complete your b.tech then you will get the good jobs.
28th May 2011, 11:31 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Will the 2 years of backlog affect my chances for getting a good job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

I think that with 2 year there is no problem in the campus placement
because many company accept the 2 year gap with reason but more
then two year gap can affect your placement.

Most of the company takes 60% marks in the whole career i.e 60% marks in 10th , 12th and in B.Tceh. Some good area to insure job in the interview like good communication skill, good language skill, good logical thinking, good problem soling skill....etc.

If you have the above following area then you can get success in the
interview easily. prepare yourself well for the interview. I wish you will
get success.

Regards
~Mukul~
28th May 2011, 07:29 PM
mandiv

No back log will not affect at all...

if you have the following personal skills

->you should have good confidence levels

->a strong reason for your back logs you have to support your back logs prepare before only for the questions related to backlogs.

->good communication skills

->language skills and soft skills are added qualifications for you

if you lag in any of the above qualities try to improve in the area which you are logging

be confident

plan smartly according to your interested companies..

all the best.
28th May 2011, 08:35 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi,
that might be problem in campus interview because most company allow 1 year gap.

but you have 2 years back..
So my point is you concentrate on study then you see in your college,what company comes from then you decide.

you listen one thing in your college if you do not get campus then you have many opportunity that So many walk in are there.
In this you require You have
Good communication skilll

Good ability

Good understanding a new thing...
28th May 2011, 11:14 PM
Deb51

if you have proper reason for two years backlog then it may not effect your career. till so many company does not allow a candidate who have two years backlog. till don't worry so many opportunity are there. surely you will not face so much problem for this if you are excellent in other criterion and also you have very good marks.
28th May 2011, 11:57 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Most of the companies are recruiting the talented candidate with the best skills. If you can full fill all the criteria then you are eligible to apply in the every company. But you have your backlog before your 12th class so I think there is no any problem to get job. No matter if any company is not recruiting to the backlog candidate you can apply in the other company or in the government sector.
29th May 2011, 12:18 AM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

ya of course your 2 year of the backlog will definitely affect your chances of getting the job
you will not be eligible for the job unless and until you clear your backlog as soon as possible
as because most of the companies keep the eligibility criteria of minimum of the 60% of the marks in the 10th , 12th and engineering degree exam without any of the backlog
18th June 2011, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

I HAVE 1 GAP YEAR BETWEEN 10TH AND 12 AND 1 GAP YEAR BETWEEN 12 AND B.TECH (MECHANICAL). I GOT 89% in 10th and 81% in 12th. Will it affect my placement.
30th June 2011, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

i am studying 3rd year.recently i got 2-2 results.in that i am having one backlog.in which way will it affect my career?ie am i eligible for gate exam in 2012 and for campus interviews etc?please give me advice in this.
14th July 2011, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

plz plz plz someone tell me if i m eligible or not if i m plannin to take cat 2011 and had backlog exam in may 2012.......??????plz some1 help me i m under realy edgy.....
30th August 2011, 12:32 PM
Mannu2525

Dear,
I think, 2 year gap doesn't affect your career at all. There are many companies who allowed student having more than 1 year gap in recruitment process.
Few companies name are written below that allows students having 2 year gap after intermediate
- TCS
- Wipro
- Syntel
- Infosys
- Accenture
- Capital IQ
- Ericssion
- Essel shyam communication
- L&T infotech
- CSC etc.

Eligibility criteria of these companies
•-> 4 year graduation degree in engineering (CS,IT & EC)
•-> Min. 60% marks in B.Tech/B.E.
•-> No Backs.
•-> Not allow more than 2 year gap after intermediate and B.Tech.

BEST OF LUCK
31st August 2011, 12:08 PM
saugata2008

I thin "Yes" it can effect your carrier .Companies like TCS ,CTS,Infosys doesn't allow 2 years of backlogs .

So try to clear those and maintain a decent percentage to get a good job.

thank you
8th September 2011, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

am having 3 backlogs in b.tech can i get a job
30th July 2012, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

i have failed in 1 subject in 1 semester and failed in 1 subject in second semester totally i have to clear 2 subjects.so after clearing these 2 subjects ,can i get the job through campus placements wii i be eligible? will the companies in the campus interview consider first year also ? i kindly request you sir to guide me in this case iam very much worried about this please help me sir...............
10th December 2012, 08:01 PM
sahoo.career

Hello ,
Yes in on campus , the companies have a criteria of backlogs and year gap in which they

ask for number of year of back logs .If it is more than one, they may not consider you .

Try your best to clear all your exams .ALl the best
15th December 2012, 12:17 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hi,
It is true, backlogs or gaps can hamper your chances at IT sector jobs. But mostly companies are tolerant for a few year backlog. Even famous companies like TCS or CTS or IBM or Tech Mahindra or many others have the tolerance of a maximum of two years of backlog or gap. In your case it is just 2 years. So you can go for these IT companies. But the percentage criteria is a main issue here. Since you have done B.Tech, your B.tech percentage is expected to be above 60%. Along with that your 10th and other educational level also must have 60% or more marks. Now if you miss that too, then it will be really difficult to get it in most top level IT companies. In that case you can join the job portals like www.naukri.com or www.monsterindia.com or www.durgajobs.com and check for other IT companies available.
4th June 2013, 09:58 PM
Paliyal79

Hi friend
when you sit for the interview,the ypou backlogs can affect your chances to get a job.
But if you give aperfect interview,then these backlogs are not the restriction in yor path.
Companiesalso gave a time to you in which you have to complete your backlogs.
Best of luck
6th July 2013, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

I had 19 backlogs upto 3-2. But i cleared it in my last year. Would this still affect my carrier? And in what ways I can cope up? Am I eligible for public sector companies and top mncs???
14th January 2014, 01:37 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

As per your profile,

I can say like, completion of Diploma course will be an added advantage for you and having 2 years of academic gap is an unfortunate thing.

If you want to make your entry into MNCs, the following is the eligibility criteria.

-You should be a candidate of career 60 having scored a minimum of 60% of marks in all your academic levels.

-Your academic gap should not be more than 2 years.

-There should not be any pending backlogs from your end.

Any candidate does not have 2 years of backlogs. You have to call it as academic gap, 2 years of academic gap.

Definitely at the time of appearing for the selection procedure, they will ask for the reason for academic gap.

You should be in a position to give good explanation for it.

Not only that you should have to provide necessary documents if any. Then only they will consider your profile for the selection procedure.

So, try to be good enough in that.

It won't effect your placements. You don't need to worry about that.

Have strong preparation for the selection procedure and crack it.

At the time of final selection, the candidates who have completed Diploma and B.Tech will be given preference than those candidates who have completed B.Tech after 10+2.

As a part of selection procedure, you may need to attend
Written Exam
Group Discussion
Technical Interview
HR Interview

Collect the placement papers of the companies for which you want to apply for and practice it.

Wish you all the best.
21st February 2014, 08:12 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my b.tech in 5 year because of yearback in 1st year,,,,,,,,, can I get a good,,, plz told me,,, rachit
22nd June 2015, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

Hi I have complete mybtect in July 2014 and I have a backlogs in 1st years that is still panding . I am working in multinational company.I have one years experience.please tell me can I try any other company.please guide.I am very depressed.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?