16th February 2014, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

Integrated B.Tech and M.Tech or Dual course B.Tech and then M.Tech?

I have complited my 3 years diploma in ECE with the 82% and i want to do B.Tech and M.Tech too if i get through GATE. But to make it less complicated i am planning to do dual course that is B.Tech M.Tech. Please tell me if my decision is right. Also please pleas tell me pros and cons of dual course if there is any.
Thank you.

27th February 2014, 08:20 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Integrated B.Tech and M.Tech or Dual course B.Tech and then M.Tech?

It is good to see you interest in higher studies especially not limiting it till B.Tech and aspiring for M.Tech course. It is a good thought of doing dual degree course wherein you can get both B.Tech and M.Tech degrees in five years instead of six years. But there are various cons of this type of degree.

Pros :-

- Time taken is less, i.e, your one year will be saved.
- You will be treated as M.Tech passed out after the completion of the course.
- You can try for jobs which ask for M.Tech as eligibility condition.

Cons:-

- You will not be given preference over M.Tech (2 years) students in any recruitment process.
- GATE qualified means a very big aspect which enriches the resume and also act as preference in various jobs. Doing dual degree will exempt you from this benefit.
- You will miss out the various opportunities on account of GATE score.
- Dual degrees are in less demand in modern world companies.
28th February 2014, 09:32 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Many of the candidates are showing their interest towards the Dual Degree.By doing Dual degrees generally candidates can save academic years.The entire decision totally depends on the candidates goal and Achievements.Because some of them would like to study and cover the subjects slowly in terms of sem wise.Some may would like to go for the common learning,they may go for the Dual Degree like B.Tech and M.Tech.

Generally to say,Dual degrees are very well structured and equipped.Dual degree programms are well constructed much more than the traditional programmes.So there is also a great ways to eplore new avenues.For doing dual degree,candidates really take a risk especially ,so that they can change the specializations.You need to be very challenging when you are going to opt for the Dual degree.So for this you must have planning,proper coordination,course of work and more.

As you from the Electronics stream,you may go for the following dual degree programs.The various dual degree programs available in your field are,the specializations comes with the Electronics and Electrical communication engineering and Telecommunications systems.And Electronics and Electrical communication engineering and RF and Microwave engineering; Electronics and Electrical communication engineering in Visual information and Embedded systems; Electronics and Electrical communication engineering with Fibre Optics and Lightwave engineering; And Electronics and Electrical engineering with Microelectronics and VLSI Design and more.
4th February 2015, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

i am study in 4 th year btech mtech integrated course. How to apply government jobs?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?