22nd February 2014, 08:32 PM
Bibhuti Kagyung

How to prepare for GATE after doing mechanical engineering

I am a mechanical engineering student of 2nd semester. i want to prepare for GATE but i haven't got any idea how to start. can you help?

23rd February 2014, 06:59 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE after doing mechanical engineering

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This Entrance Exam is being conducted once in a year.

Candidates will be eligible to join M.Tech course in several colleges or IITs by cracking this Exam.

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates to apply for this Exam is completion of Graduation in Engineering.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Engineering course are also eligible to apply for this Exam.

There is no upper age limit to apply for this Exam.

In addition, there is no limit on the number of attempts for this Exam. You can take this exam as many times as you wanted subject to fulfilling of required academic qualification.

Better to start preparation for GATE exam from the 2nd year of your Engineering course.

Because if you complete your 1st year of Engineering course, then you will get some idea on Civil subjects.

Collect the syllabus for GATE Exam and know the exam pattern for GATE Exam.

Once a particular chapter was over in your academics, try to identify what kind of questions will be asked from that chapter in GATE Exam.

In addition, try to know the way how the questions are being asked in GATE Exam and make your preparation accordingly.

Spend minimum 2-3 hours of your time in a day towards preparation for GATE Exam.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?