7th March 2014, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

Difference between Bachelor of Fashion Designing and Bachelor of Fashion Technology?

im doing engineering 1st year in civil.... from wbut. i want to join nift... what is the difference between bachelor in fashion designing and bachelor in fashion technology?? im from bengali medium.. what is the procedure of nift?? how many exams should i have attend to join NIFT ???? plz help...urgent ... thank u.

9th March 2014, 05:03 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Difference between Bachelor of Fashion Designing and Bachelor of Fashion Technology?

Fashion and Civil are completely different fields. So think once again before switching your field from Civil to Fashion. This is because fashion is a tough and challenging field which not only requires acquired skills but also natural skills. Since you are in first year of engineering so you have ample amount of time to think and take the right decision.

There is a huge difference in fashion designing and fashion technology. Fashion Designing is limited to mere designing of apparel and accessories. On the other hand fashion technology is a wide field which deals with the materials used in various fashionable items, colors used, technologies used in the designing of the items.

Nift takes admission through an All-India entrance exam. For prospectus regarding admission, click here.
16th July 2016, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Difference between Bachelor of Fashion Designing and Bachelor of Fashion Technology?

Respected sir, I have many questions regarding to fashion designing. first and foremost is that if someone will not be qualified in entrance exam then it means he/she has no ability of creation? ? Even it doesn't matter that a person who is really creative? ?
13th November 2016, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

I'm good at imagining . So good at doing new designs . So shall I go for fashion designing or fashion technology
29th June 2017, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

Is arts stream helps me to get admission in nift. And if yes then which course? Thank you.
10th November 2019, 09:27 AM
Unregistered

I have no idea fashion designer I am bsc bio student from Allahabad ,which college is useful for this course and how prepair for qualifying nift entrance exam
14th November 2019, 09:11 AM
Quiz Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have no idea fashion designer I am bsc bio student from Allahabad ,which college is useful for this course and how prepair for qualifying nift entrance exam
For pursuing a bachelor course in Fashion Designing, there are several Universities/Institute which offers these courses:
->NIFT Delhi
->NIFT Bengaluru.
->NIFT Bhopal.
->NIFT Bhubaneswar.
->NIFT Chennai.
->NIFT Gandhinagar.

The entrance test comprises two main parts – Creative Aptitude Test and General Aptitude Test.
General Apt Test :— it contains gk,English, basic maths, current affairs. So to cover this you can study books of 9th and 10th class.
Creative Apt Test:-this test is to check the drawing skills of a student. Five random topics will be given and they asked a student to express these through drawing and creative writing.

And solve some previous years paper
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?